Is Vista worth it yet?

I don't really like vista- it is much slower than xp, and it's too easy to use in my opinion. Everything is set up to make it computer-iliterit people compatible. But it is painfull for people who use XP a lot. And it also slows down too much. I uninstalled some things on it- and it took 5 minutes to shut down the computer. The computer: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800 2511.40 MHz with a Hitachi HDP725025GLA hdd that can achieve 67.45 MB/s write speed. my computer (a mesaly p4 1.6) takes 10-15 seconds to shutdown nomatter what I do :D
If if she is not computer head- get it, but otherwise- don't for a while. and make sure that your apps are compatible.

Yeah, especially now that SP1 is out and a lot of the initial release flaws have been fixed.

It was all the same with XP. People bitched and moaned because it had all these glitches and whatnot but eventually it all got patched up. :rolleyes:

Vista in my opinion. I too was hesitant on getting it for my gaming build, but i ended up buying the 64-bit...and it runs simply perfect. Yes at times it acts funny...and does behave abit odd...but none the less...i would go with Vista :)

It would be wise to research that all your components are compatible and have the compatible drivers for Vista before upgrading. I've seen too many cases of people hating on Microsoft because something doesn't work right simply because they couldn't do the research and find out that something isn't compatible.

It would be wise to research that all your components are compatible and have the compatible drivers for Vista before upgrading. I've seen too many cases of people hating on Microsoft because something doesn't work right simply because they couldn't do the research and find out that something isn't compatible.

yer thats good advice , i hate it when people hate on micrososft when their hardware dosent have drivers fir vista , its not microsofts responsability to release drivers for hardware

My experience with vista hasn't been good so far. The networking is terribly confusing compared to xp. I can't stand the menu-barless explorers...some thing are so hard or impossible to find because items are hidden (and hidden well) to make the window look nicer. Another thing is the constant archiving which happens just whenever...if you have a loud HDD you will have to sit through it because you can't stop it (this doesn't even show up in task manager as a process...it takes alot of memory and cpu but MS decided to hide that process). Also, older programs will display an error message sometime and vista will have to revert to the non-aero theme (change display resolution and window quality) JUST to display a simple message-you can't ignore or cancel it either because it will keep popping up until you rectify the problem. Another problem is that some hardware and software just don't work yet. Lastly, dial-up works when it wants to.

On the plus side, vista comes with some nice background pictures...and some windows look clear and blurry...so...you know...thats pretty neat.

Back
Top Bottom