quick motherboard question

you serious?
dang, and i just got this PSU 3 days ago....
does that mean i need a psu with at least a total of 48 amps?

Send it back? I think you can tell them you got the wrong one, and they'll accept it, Might be a restocking fee.

you serious?
dang, and i just got this PSU 3 days ago....
does that mean i need a psu with at least a total of 48 amps?
The 8800GT require at least 450W and 24A @12V for SLI.
The power supply you have will be just fine. You don't need 48A. Your OCZ 500W PSU supplies a total of 36A across it's dual 12V rails.

I was running a SLI setup with my Antec SmartPower 2.0 500W power supply without any problems at all.

really?
i was seeing some PSU, and i dont see any that as 450W where each was 24 amps, so i thought that was a bit fishy

Yea, it can get a bit confusing at times.

So to set this straight, your OCZ supplies 500W with a total of 36A across it's dual 12V rails. An 8800GT SLI setup requires at the minimum a 450W power supply with 24A on the 12V rail. Your PSU exceeds that by 50W and 12A, it doesn't sound like much, but it's plenty.

ah i see.
Then off to get another 8800GT off of newegg.
i kind of want to get another eVGA, but then again i also want to save money and get the XLR8 because it looks cool...

Save your money. There's no need to get another eVGA card. As long as they have the same specs, they will run perfectly fine together in SLI.

okay, just hope by the time i deposit the money and go to my bank, it would still be $120.

Back
Top Bottom