problem using computer with tv

mikee

Fully Optimized
My friend is tryng to hook his computer up to an hdtv but when he plugs it in only parts of the desktop shoe up on half the screen and only for a few seconds. this computer is a amd athlon xp2700+ 2gb ram 2x 200GB HDD Geforce FX5500 windows vista home premium. I downloaded the video card drivers off the nvidia site and installed them but the nvidia control panel doesn't show up and that is where the settings for the tv would be.

second but its just to watch a movie on the tv not full time use as a second monitor

I don't think it does but that wouldn't give good resolution would it?

edit: it doesn't matter with this tv anyway because it is getting replaced tomorrow because of a wierd line on the screen?

I\ll check the new one when we get it tomorrow

I don't think it does but that wouldn't give good resolution would it?

I use my vga port ... get excellent resolution at 1280x720. Its the video card that makes or breaks your video resolution. Granted ... I get slightly better resolution/clarity with my HDMI connection, but my HDTV only has one HDMI input ... that's dedicated for my Direct TV.

I've got a Samsung 56" DLP that plays my DVD's beautifully ... better than those silly upconverting DVD players through my vga connection. I use a DVI to VGA cable.

Back
Top Bottom