Xbox 360 on Sony CRT

vaio-fx

Daemon Poster
I have a Sony 32 inch widescreen CRT TV. The picture is great except when the Xbox 360 os plugged into the TV about 1CM of the picture gets chopped off a both sides of the TV so you cant read some words or numbers, it does the same with SKY and other consoles too. I have tried changing how the tv positions the image but nothing is any better. The TV looks like this http://www.homecinemachoice.com/reviews/hccreviews/CRTTVs/Sony/Sony32FQ75U.jpg though I'm not sure if this is the exact model. Does anyone have any idea why the TV is doing this? Is it due to different aspect ratios? The xbox is 16:9 is the TV possibly 16:10? Thanks for any help

there should be a view mode you must have it set to wide screen o letter box, do you have the maniuals theres should be something on how to switch it so the views are standard.

Yeah, try checking for a button or option for Aspect Ratio.

Check in the Xbox settings after you have set the TV to 16:9, that the Xbox also is, and do the same with the Sky (there should be options on that too)

Thanks for the replies. I have managed to sort out sky but the 360 still wont fi the image exactly to the screen. I have changed the tv to every single aspect ratio it supports and nothing helps. The 360 is set to widescreen in its settings. I'm not too bothered though to be honest, just would have been better if it fit the screen properly :p

I'm using scart, but the xbox 360 is not the only console which does this, the gamecube and ps2 do it too.

Back
Top Bottom