A country is being invaded and were doing what?

Understatement of the century, you drop a can of paint, that's a little mistake.

You invade a country against UN resolutions and world opinion, that my friend is an Act of War, not a little mistake.

The arrogance of your government believing they are justified doing this in almost any theatre of the globe is more of a threat to the world and world peace that ten Saddams would ever be.

The fact that the US propraganda machine is so effective that it has so many people like you believing this tripe is something Goebbels could only dream of.

yep, thats very true were basically saveing a few to lose many.

Well i think russia has only acted to defend the sepratists in a part of georigia which it says is russian territory and Georgia isnt at all innocent in all of this in fact it started the conflict by lashing out at the sepratists in the South Ossetia region on the 7th august
and russia arent actually trying to invade georgia
Ok..

A few points.

1) We are not in Iraq for Oil. If this were the case wouldn't case prices be low? Wouldn't the dollar-per gallon be really low? Since the Iraq war prices have gone up, and only recenlty starting going down because America's ecomony is making a SLOW come around.
Whilst i dont think the whole reason of being in iraq is for oil i do think it is a small benefit that has been conviniently gained , its not about stealing the oil that would be to obvious the whole world is watching and so i think part of it is having control and being allies with a count4ry that has a massive oil reserve so that when in the future oil stocks start to decrease america has control over a government of a country with massive oil reserves which will come in very usefull
2) Weapons of Mass Destruction. We didn't find them. Ok, does that mean that they don't exist? You are not in the CIA, or a high ranking military personnal. You don't know, I don't know. Just because we didn't find them doesn't mean that someone under Saddem moved them. Our intelligence also blinds US from the truth of what really goes on in this country. Area 51 anyone? That goes for any other country, don't lie.
If they claimed they had evidence then sureley they would have kept surveliance on it until your troops went their and secured it for weapns inspectors to inspect , if you hadnt had round the clock surveilance on them then i question the quality of your security services if they cant even keep tabs on a set of WMD's i know iraq qould have had a place to hide them if they had existed however it would have been pointless because your and our security services would have had round the clock surveilance on them , now unless iraq had magical dissapearing WMD's i think its safe to say they didnt exist

3) Remember WWII? How did that get started? After WWI we, and the ALLIES (that includes you Mr. England) decided to limit what Germany could do with the Military. Until Mr. Hitler came along and decided that He needed more power, and a Army, under the noses of the Allies, he then invaded Poland, which was an allie of England. Germany at first deined invading them at all. Thus this was the start of WWII. Does this sound familiar at all?
whats that got to do with anything that dosent sound familliar russia is not denying attacking georgia at all amd besides WW2 started after germany invaded a few other countries before poland , then we gave them one last warning and told them if they invaded anyone else we would attack them and Hitler decided he was going to test us and invaded poland

Ignorance is bliss right?. Until russia takes over eastern europe.

you mean takes back right? both South Ossetia, and Georgia were a part of the old soviet block, (as with a lot of other eastern european countries.

And at the moment there are a lot of seperatists in south ossetia who want out of georgia and want independance for south Ossetia and the only reason russia is involved is because over half of them of them already hold russian passports and so russia considers them their citizens
I dont think russia is going to take back georgia they claim they are there to protect their own citizens in south ossetia from the georgian attack on the region

Someone mentioned corrlating this to Iraq, and that we shouldn't be there, because didn't find WMD's, and that we should pull out.

Are you serious? Who are we fighting over there? Does anyone know? Its not Saddam's forces, we whipped them out within the first year. Which leads to my next point, Saddam didn't have ties to the terrorist...ok..really? Do you really believe that? BECAUSE WHO ARE WE FIGHTING!? Terroirst, Al Qiada, and the Taliban, thats all we've been fighting in this war. Is the terrorist that blew up our buildings in New York, or did everyone forget that? That would give me reasons to believe that Saddam was aiding them or we wouldn't be fighting them in IRAQ!

IMHO: If we pull out, it just means Iran will take it over, and all of those lives will have died in vain, because people are eager to "end the war" becuase of our "national debt". Ok, quick fact, Only one time in our nation's history have we been out of debt was right before the great depression, the roaring twenties anyone? I forget which president, that was, taft? maybe. At any rate, some ecominic people believe that us not being in debt corrlated to us going into the depression. For those of you that want to vote Obama simply because you want out of Iraq, you are a fool. The demoncratic SENATE said the same thing, and hey look we are still in Iraq. The senate always votes down to pull out of Iraq, Remeber that the Senate can veto, the presidents VETO, so really quit blaming Bush, and start blaming the SENATE, THAT YOU ELECTED TO GET OUT OF IRAQ!.

As far as Obama goes, do you really think he is going to "pull out". No, what He is going to say, is something along the lines of "Because of the limited information from the Bush Admin, we can not pull out of Iraq because of, ""some lame reasons here"". "

Thats like your High School President, wanting to get elected, and promising to bring back Recess, in order to get elected, and not furfilling his promise. Obama is the last person I want there, and the Last person that should be in there with 2 years of being a senator. Ok Mr. Obama, go talk to THE TERRORIST, and see what happens.

Maybe if we actually backed this war, and wasn't so money driven, this war would be over. If we acted like we did in WWII, Vietnam, Gulf War, and this war, wouldn't have been over in the first 2 years. Heck, the Ford Plant in WW2 shut down, and started making tanks, baseball seasons were canceled, ACTORS, and Musicans went over there to fight. And what do we have now? people thinking that they are right, and blaming Bush for everything that goes wrong. If we would have backed it, it would have been over. Am I saying, blindly following our president, No, I am not, I'm saying being patoritic, and supporting the people over there, instead of complaining about it, and saying pull out.

How would you like if someone at your work, kept yelling at you to quit?

Someone mentioned corrlating this to Iraq, and that we shouldn't be there, because didn't find WMD's, and that we should pull out.

Are you serious? Who are we fighting over there? Does anyone know? Its not Saddam's forces, we whipped them out within the first year. Which leads to my next point, Saddam didn't have ties to the terrorist...ok..really? Do you really believe that? BECAUSE WHO ARE WE FIGHTING!? Terroirst, Al Qiada, and the Taliban, thats all we've been fighting in this war. Is the terrorist that blew up our buildings in New York, or did everyone forget that? That would give me reasons to believe that Saddam was aiding them or we wouldn't be fighting them in IRAQ!
Well i suggest you read
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A46254-2004Jun16.html
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A47812-2004Jun16.html
it was in fact alleged that both man completely despised each other
you are not fighting Al queda over in iraq right now , you are fighting old Saddam Hussein supporters who do not like the coalition forces presence and i don't think you should leave until you have got rid of them otherwise they will take back control of iraq
IMHO: If we pull out, it just means Iran will take it over, and all of those lives will have died in vain, because people are eager to "end the war" becuase of our "national debt". Ok, quick fact, Only one time in our nation's history have we been out of debt was right before the great depression, the roaring twenties anyone? I forget which president, that was, taft? maybe. At any rate, some ecominic people believe that us not being in debt corrlated to us going into the depression. For those of you that want to vote Obama simply because you want out of Iraq, you are a fool. The demoncratic SENATE said the same thing, and hey look we are still in Iraq. The senate always votes down to pull out of Iraq, Remeber that the Senate can veto, the presidents VETO, so really quit blaming Bush, and start blaming the SENATE, THAT YOU ELECTED TO GET OUT OF IRAQ!.
Iran wouldnt take over they wouldnt be allowed to do so , i think the insurgents in iraq right now would take over and form government
As far as Obama goes, do you really think he is going to "pull out". No, what He is going to say, is something along the lines of "Because of the limited information from the Bush Admin, we can not pull out of Iraq because of, ""some lame reasons here"". "

Thats like your High School President, wanting to get elected, and promising to bring back Recess, in order to get elected, and not furfilling his promise. Obama is the last person I want there, and the Last person that should be in there with 2 years of being a senator. Ok Mr. Obama, go talk to THE TERRORIST, and see what happens.
Well he has said he is going to pull out of iraq , i dont think it is something that will happen overnight but if he get's into power i think he will work hard to pull out it will be a long term problem though
Maybe if we actually backed this war, and wasn't so money driven, this war would be over. If we acted like we did in WWII, Vietnam, Gulf War, and this war, wouldn't have been over in the first 2 years. Heck, the Ford Plant in WW2 shut down, and started making tanks, baseball seasons were canceled, ACTORS, and Musicans went over there to fight. And what do we have now? people thinking that they are right, and blaming Bush for everything that goes wrong. If we would have backed it, it would have been over. Am I saying, blindly following our president, No, I am not, I'm saying being patoritic, and supporting the people over there, instead of complaining about it, and saying pull out.

well people elected bush as the president and as the president the book stops with him , of course people are going to blame the leader of the country if things go wrong ,
And as for backing it ,. some people don't see the reason for backing a war that they have been lied to about and that is costing the country lots of money of their money that they pay in taxes

It's interesting that you bring up Vietnam, to be honest, because from the start I always had the belief that this war would turn out in a similar way. We're fighting an enemy that has the advantage here. They're not the rag-tag bunch that some would have you believe, but actually organised enough to fight on ground that they know and we don't, using their knowledge of it to pick the battles and kill soldiers from our countries before slipping back in to their villages and blending in with the regular folk of their country.

Patriotism is all well and good, but supporting something you don't believe in is not, so it's not okay to tell everybody to 'support our troops because they're out there now and you can't change the fact that they were sent in the first place'.

It's interesting that you bring up Vietnam, to be honest, because from the start I always had the belief that this war would turn out in a similar way. We're fighting an enemy that has the advantage here. They're not the rag-tag bunch that some would have you believe, but actually organised enough to fight on ground that they know and we don't, using their knowledge of it to pick the battles and kill soldiers from our countries before slipping back in to their villages and blending in with the regular folk of their country.

Patriotism is all well and good, but supporting something you don't believe in is not, so it's not okay to tell everybody to 'support our troops because they're out there now and you can't change the fact that they were sent in the first place'.
i agree , whilst the insurgents might not have the numbers of the coalitition forces over there they have a lot more advantages like knowing the ground and being well organised and being able to blend in with ordinary citizens
thats why this war is taking so long because they are not as easy target to beat as iraq's army where and its taking a long time to find them all

Back
Top Bottom