Need Help BAD. ACER DVD/RW issues

djgray29

Beta member
I am hoping someone can help me. I have tried jsut about everthing. I have an acer laptop 3100-1718 had it for less than a year. I baught it at a refurbished computer store.

The problem is that about 4 months ago i noticed that the CD/DVD-rw drive was not showing up in my computer. All that was listed there was the two hdd C and D: drives. I have unistalled the and reinstall the OS (Vista) but still nothing. I have deleted the upper and lower fliters in the regestry and still nothing. I have even deleted the drives and reinstalled them and still nothing. I really am starting to get a bit angry with this thing. Can someone please help.

Can you still open the drive? Maybe it's disconnected or maybe it finally stopped working...try calling Acer?

Well, How did you re-install vista?

First I can open it and when I push the button it opens. When I close it the light flashes as if it is being read. I reinstalled it using the hidden restore function. As my computer did not come with a restore disk.

A bit more info for you as well. When I unistalled the ATA/Atapi drivers they reinstalled them self agian while as well as the dvd drivers. so i knwo the computer is recognising the dvd. But it continues not to show up. As well it also does not show up when I go to bios and when i go t to the boot up options. It was therethen it disappeared again.

COme on is there no one that can fix this problem in this whole forum.

Back
Top Bottom