Here it is...

Well, I'm quite happy with my Scythe cooler as, not only does it keep temperatures nice and low, but it also helps with airflow and, seeing as the AM2/2+ socket is awkward and would result in coolers like the Zalmans and Asus Silent Knight blowing hot air at either my graphics card or power supply, the ability to position the fan on any of its four sides is very helpful.

They're definitely a company that I would buy products from again. :)

...my new build to last me out till .. well, as long as possible really. So here it is...

Processor: Q6600 "Energy Efficient".... I was going to go for a dual core processor .. but I really wanted to try out one of the quads for myself.

Motherboard: Asus P5Q Pro

Memory: G.Skillz 4gb http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MY-022-GS

Power Supply: Corsair TX 650W http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CA-008-CS&tool=3

Monitor: Samsung 24" (bit pricey for my liking) http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO-054-SA&tool=3

Operating System: Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit

Video Card: HIS Radeon HD 4870 X2

I have the card right now next to me just sitting there ^^ .. it is freakin huge :eek:

I'll be using the same case which is ... http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showp... Black Midi Tower Gaming Case - Black (No PSU)

A pretty bog standard case indeed, but it does the trick..

If you see any conflictions please say! :)

Nice power supply, i installed one last week :)

Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme.

3.2GHz on a Q6600 should be a doddle, 400MHz FSB with an 8 divider. You should be looking at or about 1.23v to 1.3v vcore to reach 3.2GHz.

I wouldn't oc past 3.0GHz with a stock cooler.

Nice looking pc, you should be very happy.

3.2GHz on a Q6600 should be a doddle, 400MHz FSB with an 8 divider. You should be looking at or about 1.23v to 1.3v vcore to reach 3.2GHz.

I've never overclocked really any processors before apart from turning up the FSB on my current one and that's it. I know nothing of dividers :(

Edit:

I just thought about a CPU cooler I had bought a couple of years back, a fairly decent one I believe it to be too.

It's the Zalman PNCS7700 (with FanMate2) .. supports socket 775!

I think this should be fairly effective shouldn't it? Save my wallet a bit more.. should be fine shouldn't it?

you'd have to check the Zalman site but I do believe they were released at the same time as the Skt 775 Conroe chips (my son has one on his P4 3.0GHz Conroe) but I am unsure if they would be suitable for Core processors.

The reason I put the Thermalright up was because it is still one of the most efficient coolers on the market, obviously there are others, Xigmatek, Tuniq, Zalman (9700) and I've had the Zalman 9700NT as well as the Thermalright IFX-14 and the Ultra 120 eXtreme is the pick of the bunch imo

you'd have to check the Zalman site but I do believe they were released at the same time as the Skt 775 Conroe chips (my son has one on his P4 3.0GHz Conroe) but I am unsure if they would be suitable for Core processors.

The reason I put the Thermalright up was because it is still one of the most efficient coolers on the market, obviously there are others, Xigmatek, Tuniq, Zalman (9700) and I've had the Zalman 9700NT as well as the Thermalright IFX-14 and the Ultra 120 eXtreme is the pick of the bunch imo

Well I gotta put this plastic thing behind the motherboard and shiz .. but I'm not entirely sure .. surely 775 is 775 right?

physically it will fit I'd say and "should" be efficient enough but I would still check the Zalman site to ensure it is capable of cooling a quad (imo it "may" be OK as the conroes were hot little cpu's)

When dealing with new hardware (q6600) I like to make sure all is good.

EDIT: I just skimmed the Zalman site, they say Core2Duo in all versions of the CNPS 7700, no mention of Core2Quad, so your call as to whether you try it or not as it is not officially supported

I've never overclocked really any processors before apart from turning up the FSB on my current one and that's it. I know nothing of dividers
You don't need to, it's a multiplier. :p

Back
Top Bottom