Missing bin file.

My free version of AVG anti virus programme keeps telling me I'm missing a bin file and apparently I'm unprotected. It won't allow me to update because of this missing bin file. What the hell is a bin file? :confused: :confused:

Are there better anti virus programmes out there? And before I forget, how often may I reformat? I've done it quite a few times over the last 4 years. Someone once told me to zero both of my hard drives. I'm sure I have no idea how to do that.

Can you please help me. Would appreciate it if you could keep your responses as simple as possible. I'm a computer illiterate.

And the Broncos lost to the Dragons.....again. I'm pissed. :mad: :mad:

Anybody? :confused:

Try reinstalling AVG.
Or try Avast free edition.
You may reformat as many times as you wish. I try to do it every 6 months or so. There is no need to zero your drives unless you have sensitive data you want to get rid of.
And F... the dragons

Try reinstalling AVG.
Or try Avast free edition.
You may reformat as many times as you wish. I try to do it every 6 months or so. There is no need to zero your drives unless you have sensitive data you want to get rid of.
And F... the dragons

Thanks Lowndsey. I did the delete and reinstall thing and it still comes up with a missing bin file.

I'll give the Avast thing a go though.

I've got nothing sensitive that requires deleting it was something that was suggested to me, but if it's not necessary, that's cool.

I've got so many questions, but I feel like I'll be a nuisance. At 46 years old I despise feeling like such a novice.

My free version of AVG anti virus programme keeps telling me I'm missing a bin file and apparently I'm unprotected. It won't allow me to update because of this missing bin file. What the hell is a bin file? :confused: :confused:

Are there better anti virus programmes out there? And before I forget, how often may I reformat? I've done it quite a few times over the last 4 years. Someone once told me to zero both of my hard drives. I'm sure I have no idea how to do that.

Can you please help me. Would appreciate it if you could keep your responses as simple as possible. I'm a computer illiterate.

And the Broncos lost to the Dragons.....again. I'm pissed. :mad: :mad:

Anybody? :confused:

I think avg is no longer free. I have the same problem and i can't find the free version anywhere.

Hi TK.

I did find the free version using Google, but the same problem existed. Missing bin file. Apparently it doesn't allow you to update. I've now got Avast on my system and it all seems ok. Not that I would really know.

Hi TK.

I did find the free version using Google, but the same problem existed. Missing bin file. Apparently it doesn't allow you to update. I've now got Avast on my system and it all seems ok. Not that I would really know.

Yeah, I think there was a date set in the update that after such date it is no longer used. Meaning they did make the switch to buy only. I also have to go get avast soon. :( (nothing wrong with it I just like avg a lot)

Back
Top Bottom