Very cool pic

Oh, so then its okay for Dubai to raise gas prices, to build theme parks and pay royalties because its going to get me a new them park probably somewhere in one of the more populated places in the country like CA, NY, or FL. All of which i'm thousands of miles away and with the high costs of gas prices which affect transportation as we know it, I cant even afford to make it to one of those places to benefit from a park I probably have no desire to go to.

Oh, so then its okay for Dubai to raise gas prices, to build theme parks and pay royalties because its going to get me a new them park probably somewhere in one of the more populated places in the country like CA, NY, or FL.

UAE will pay royalties to the likes of General Electric and Anheuser-Busch* for the rights to use Universal Studios Dubai, Aquatica, Busch Gardens, and Discovery Cove. This investment helps U.S. comapnies grow, which in turn helps the U.S. economy.

It's too complicated to explain in a paragraph, so I won't bother.

UAE will pay royalties to the likes of General Electric and Anheuser-Busch* for the rights to use Universal Studios Dubai, Aquatica, Busch Gardens, and Discovery Cove. This investment helps U.S. comapnies grow, which in turn helps the U.S. economy.

It's too complicated to explain in a paragraph, so I won't bother.

What else do you have better to do at one in the morning?

So write two paragraphs. Oh noes. Forget it. Link me.

Thats where all the money is going from all our high gas prices.

Now how much do you really like it, LOL.

I watch discovery and history channels. Everytime I see this shit it sickens me just knowing our gas prices are raised to fund that CRAP!

You say that because you are American. Much of the rest of the world marvels at what Dubai is doing, they see it as a challenge, and many are eager to see more things come along. And no offense, but don't you think you're being a little selfish? Anything that makes you spend a little more money you don't like. You should appreciate the technology that we have today. Just because something is not perfect you have to hate the cause of it? Maybe now you know how some of the rest of the world feels about the US.

You say that because you are American. Much of the rest of the world marvels at what Dubai is doing, they see it as a challenge, and many are eager to see more things come along. And no offense, but don't you think you're being a little selfish? Anything that makes you spend a little more money you don't like. You should appreciate the technology that we have today. Just because something is not perfect you have to hate the cause of it? Maybe now you know how some of the rest of the world feels about the US.

Aren't you like 15? I don't want to offend you here but I'll make a point.

You most likely don't have any income besides what your parents give you. Maybe you mow some neighbors lawns or something for some extra cash. But in the end you don't really have any expenses. What you get your hands on is yours. You don't have bills to worry about paying.

Imagine for a second that your an adult with responsibility's and actual bills. I care where my money is going. I work hard for my money. I have bills.

I don't know where he is getting the facts that were paying for this construction through gas prices though. Perhaps someone could link me. If so yes I'll be a little pissed off also.

I don't think you understand the severity of the situation. This year is going to be really bad. With the huge increase in gas/fuel prices your going to see a lot of foreclosures on people buying to much house, lower income family's trying to get fuel for winter. When it comes down to feeding your family or getting fuel you'll know what he's talking about. If this building in any way has something to do with increased gas prices maybe now you'll change your view a little.

Off topic rant - Myself I get pissed off even seeing social security being taken out of my check every week. Knowing full well they have stated social security will dry up within the next 10 years. Great so I'm funding the elderly with my money and I'm never going to see anything i've paid in. That pisses me off.

If someone wants to build a huge resort like this and make an artificial country more power to them. But it should come from there profits and investors in the project. If taxes, gas, etc are funding something like this its just ludicrous. We don't need anything like this. There are much more important things that money could be going to besides a giant country club for the elite of the elite.

Again my response was made with some assumption. I don't have to much info on this project. I think its really cool but if it comes at the expense of the working class its a joke. I guess I should add everything comes from the working class but I'm talking hidden costs to fund projects like this.

This place in Dubai looks sweet:

palm_jumeirah.jpg

Maybe Hightimes could fund one with a Marijuana leaf ;) Make a legal pothead paradise.

But anyway that picture almost reminds me of the movie Aeonflux. Just futuristic looking like that movie. Recommend that movie for those that have not seen it. Its not really good but 2 hours of Charlize Theron running around in tight ass clothes is worth it!

That's very true. Nobody likes to spend more money than they ought and I was wrong is saying what I said. However, oil prices are a business, so technically speaking they are building all these magnificent structures through profits of businesses and investments. So I don't think you should hate them for being businessmen. And, if you really think about it, it's not their fault at all. When the U.S. was built (roads, highways, etc), people failed to predict the future. They could have easily built things closer together or invested on public transportation a little more. To prove my point I offer you my home country of Brazil. It's bigger than continental U.S.. And although a large chuck is vegetation, many of Brazil's cities are built in European style, where everything is bunched closer together, and this applies to MOST if not all cities unlike the U.S where only major ones have closer buildings and public transportation. I'm going to be hated but the U.S brought this problem on themselves. If I'm not mistaken, the average car per person is above 1.

Back
Top Bottom