the future

bdsmileys

Solid State Member
i have only one goal, to be working with computer for a living when i get older( im 17 years old now ).

i have been talking with my dad and he says theres no way i can.

right now im a computer repair tech. i work with my boss repair towers and laptops.

i wish to do some type of repair or design for a living. if im not repairing them then i want to design new boards and cases ( and if all else fails, being a 3d level designer ).

he says that there will not be any more towers or cards, infact everything will beintergated chips on a mother board.

the computers themself will be so worthless thou that you can buy them for under $100. he says that they wont need to be repaired because of the fact that there so cheap.

if this is all so, what should i do, i want to work with computers. what do you think i would be best qualified for?

Don't listen to your dad. He doesn't know a thing about how computers will be in the future.

You can do what you want with your own life, and don't let anyone else tell you different.

Don't listen to your dad. He doesn't know a thing about how computers will be in the future.

You can do what you want with your own life, and don't let anyone else tell you different.

I agree with you.

dude, he is thinking like 2500, not 2015. Go for it. People will still need this stuff. in fact, designing computer parts and stuff would be a great job. you get to play with computer, and you would make a CRAP load of money. I bet if you designed the chips used in comps for a living for intel/amd/ati/nvidia you would star really close to 6 figures

For the average consumer, he may be right. Everything people need will (and already is) integrated into motherboards. However gamers, or any other kind of media enthusiast will ALWAYS prefer the extra performance/quality of a add-on card.

For the average consumer, he may be right. Everything people need will (and already is) integrated into motherboards. However gamers, or any other kind of media enthusiast will ALWAYS prefer the extra performance/quality of a add-on card.

yep. no onboard video or onboard sound will be as good as an add on card. ever.

I don't think there will every be a fully integrated computer so long companies stay with what they do well. Take nVidia and ATI. If you were to have a fully integrated computer on the motherboard you'd need these two companies either:

A) Getting a processor from Intel/AMD already mounted on the motherboard before they add graphics, then you'd need them shipping it to those companies who deal with sound.
B) They'll be making sound, graphics, processors, etc and putting it all on the motherboard.

Because both of these options would be extremely difficult to accomplish (assuming you want the best quality) add-on cards will always be available. However, you'll still have companies like Intel, who already do a little bit of everything, making these integrated computers for those who are uneducated in the field. There is no way a professional will be working with integrated computers.

do what makes you happy! be smart, plan well build what you want! don't let people tell you different whatever you do just make sure that it makes you happy always.

Back
Top Bottom