Good Computer??

collibr

In Runtime
Is this a good computer for gaming?

Motherboard: ECS GeForce 6100PM-M2 (6100 2RAM 256M-VID SND LAN RAID)

CPU: Athlon X2 5000 AM2 Dual-Core (2.66 Ghz 1280K 2000FSB 65w)

CPU Fan: Approved Heatsink/ cooling fan for CPU Processor

RAM Memory: 2GB 667MHz (2X-1GB) DDR2 PC5300 RAM

Hard Drive: 80GB 7200RPM SATA2 HDD

Optical Drive: Black 52x32x52 CD-RW Burner

Power Supply: Okia 550W Basic Load

yes, buy you are missing a graphics card.... again.
You need to get a graphics card if you want a good gaming computer, without it, playing a game would be complete crap and be on low settings.
Every gamer out there that plays on their PC uses graphics cards.

is the nVidia Geforce 8400GS 512MB DDR2 64-Bit PCIe good enough for like team fortress 2 half-life and COD4?

i never played team fortress, so i wouldnt know.
but for CoD4, i wouldnt think so.
The problem is that the card is a low end card, and has 64-bit, which makes the card pretty worthless.
i know a friend that was able to run it on high with the 8600GT.
its best to either go with midrange (graphics mostly on medium) and high end (most games on High)
the one you selected would be running on low-med, depending on the game.
tell us your price range, and we will suggest a card to you.

that card would be alright if your runnin somethin like 1280x1024 (about a 17-18' monitor) anything higher would be crap

I would recommend getting something better than a 8400GS, that like almost onboard graphics level. If you are doing casual gaming, I'd say at least a 8600GT.

well, if you guys are paying attention to his previous posts, he just keeps posting links of what computer is good. Kinda annoying....
anyways from his previous posts, he said his budget was less then $300

a it will play cod4 no AAA or AF high easily ive owned one before so i know what im talking about, its a good little card, but you really should upgrade the graphics card when you get it, it will easily pull the others cod4 should be its only challenge...

Back
Top Bottom