A country is being invaded and were doing what?

GO RUSSIA!!!!!!! KILL GEORGIA!!!!!!!!!!! no but seriously since Georgia started this whole mess i don't feel one ounce of sympathy for them and hope they do get beat up for it, just not destroyed

innocent people die everyday in car crashes, going over to georgia or wherever there is a conflict is like you trying to save every single innocent person that dies everyday. its just not going to happen. war is war, there will always be war and there's nothing we can do about it.

bullzi said:
9. because iraq was an imminent threat.
10. to disarm iraq.
12. because hussein was a threat to the region.
13. for the safety of the world.
16. to preserve peace around the world.

:rolleyes:

So, attacking Iraq was alright because, in your opinion, it would prevent a war. But defending another country is wrong because you can't prevent wars?

(btw, I do agree about USA not getting involved in Georgia, it's just that your reasoning is a big... 'odd')

yes but ultimatley if the US wouldnt have beein invading the UK wouldnt of either

Whilst that may be so, we didn't have to get involved. At the time, it had nothing to do with us.

Prodigy146 said:
So basically what i've gotten from the responses of you guys is that: Who cares if a country is being invaded and a bunch of innocent people die, its not our problem and it costs too much.

Ignorance is bliss right?. Until russia takes over eastern europe.

So far, practically everything I've read has illustrated that Georgia attacked South Ossetia and Russia was stepping in to protect the people. I'm quite sure that if Iran invaded a country where the majority of people had American passports, you'd probably be jumping all over the Iranians, letting us know how horrible they were and wanting America to go in to Iran to stop any further attempts.

Lots of interesting opinions here..

I'm of the opinion that Georgia was the aggressor in this conflict and Russia was only fulfilling a peace keeping role. However, with reports of Russian forces occupying regions further into the Georgian countryside, this could also be the catalyst for Russia to stake claims into it's former territories, with their previous, albeit "alleged" threats against Ukraine during a recess in a UN Meeting it wouldn't surprise me if this turns into more of a power play on behalf of the Russians.

We went in Iraq because we thought there was a connection to terrorist attacks and thought they had weaps of mass destruction. So maybe there wasnt a connection...so maybe we didnt find the WMD... we made a little mistake...but it was a good mistake because we were being cautious because saddam ordered the UN weapons inspectors out of the country..better safe than sorry..and dead. we all make mistakes, leaders will make mistakes. we thought something and thought wrong. BUT, like somebody else said, they couldve easily moved them. but we dont really know.
One smaller reason of invading: to liberate, or to fix their government of an awful dictatorship, making a democratic government. which some of you may not know, or are too stubborn to believe, we are doing a good job. and, for all of you who dont know, the United States since around WWII has stood for democracy. The oil? thats BS of a reason to start a war...thats just a plus that somebody would think of AFTER thinking up all the actual good reasons for invading.

Now my take on russia, i say for the United States, we should wait a little bit longer...if georgia started it dont help them so fast. There mustve been a reason they started it though.. and if its a threat to their freedom and democracy then send aid to them, not our army though. if russia would then attack us, then we'd have a reason to start something, and i sure hope that our fellow European countries would back us.

We went in Iraq because we thought there was a connection to terrorist attacks and thought they had weaps of mass destruction. So maybe there wasnt a connection...so maybe we didnt find the WMD... we made a little mistake...but it was a good mistake because we were being cautious because saddam ordered the UN weapons inspectors out of the country..better safe than sorry..and dead. we all make mistakes, leaders will make mistakes. we thought something and thought wrong. BUT, like somebody else said, they couldve easily moved them. but we dont really know.
One smaller reason of invading: to liberate, or to fix their government of an awful dictatorship, making a democratic government. which some of you may not know, or are too stubborn to believe, we are doing a good job. and, for all of you who dont know, the United States since around WWII has stood for democracy. The oil? thats BS of a reason to start a war...thats just a plus that somebody would think of AFTER thinking up all the actual good reasons for invading.

Now my take on russia, i say for the United States, we should wait a little bit longer...if georgia started it dont help them so fast. There mustve been a reason they started it though.. and if its a threat to their freedom and democracy then send aid to them, not our army though. if russia would then attack us, then we'd have a reason to start something, and i sure hope that our fellow European countries would back us.

Do you realize that not even the current leaders of Iraq want us there anymore. We have been in, deleted any 'possible' threats, and did not succeed in taking over any oil period. Now they want us out, its costing us nothing but money and lives to stay in a place where we have solved our problems and are completely unwated anymore buy ANYONE. Hell, they dont want us there, lets leave.

Shit, doesnt help that McCain wants to keep us in. I dont agree with alot of things Obama has to say, (hell neither McCain for that matter) but at least obama has enough sense to get us the hell out if he gets in office. Which I think he will.

Depends on why Russia attacked the US. If it was for going in and helping Georgia, who seem to have started this conflict, then I would think it wrong of European nations to help the US because they picked the side that was in the wrong. However, I also think it would be wrong if they stood by and did nothing to try to put an end to any potential conflict.

President George Bush, speaking from Beijing where he is attending the Olympic Games, called for an immediate halt to the violence, a stand-down by all troops and an end to the Russian bombings. He urged the sides to return to "the status quo of August the 6th." Video Watch Bush call for end to violence »

A White House spokesman said Bush spoke to Georgian President Mikheil Saakashvili and Russian President Medvedev on Saturday.

French President Nicolas Sarkozy, who spoke to Putin at the Olympic opening ceremonies, also called for both sides to stand down and for "the full respect of Georgia's sovereignty and territorial integrity."

The United States, the European Union, and NATO are working toward a cease-fire, and the U.N. Security Council met behind closed doors to discuss the issue Saturday.

A country is being invaded and were doing what?

Not a whole lot unless you want to start WWIII.

If we were to go in with military against Russia, they would have no qualms about hitting us back full force with the possibility of using nuclear weapons.

We went in Iraq because we thought there was a connection to terrorist attacks and thought they had weaps of mass destruction. So maybe there wasnt a connection...so maybe we didnt find the WMD... we made a little mistake....
Understatement of the century, you drop a can of paint, that's a little mistake.

You invade a country against UN resolutions and world opinion, that my friend is an Act of War, not a little mistake.

The arrogance of your government believing they are justified doing this in almost any theatre of the globe is more of a threat to the world and world peace that ten Saddams would ever be.

The fact that the US propraganda machine is so effective that it has so many people like you believing this tripe is something Goebbels could only dream of.

Back
Top Bottom