Very cool pic

that is one cool looking building, can't wait til it's finished in all of it's gleeming glory.

it just look big cause it is a close up. in real life is is only about 50 floors. lol

Pretty amazing feat of engineering :cool: And I personally think if the UAE has the money to spend they might as well build amazing record breaking landmarks, much better than sending it off as "aid" to corrupt governments and fueling a war or two :)

Or perhaps improving their own country instead of spending it all on blinging up their tourist areas. :rolleyes:

This place in Dubai looks sweet:

palm_jumeirah.jpg

Have you seen the world islands that their starting make. I hear that all of the countries have been bought already.

dubai-project-the-world.jpg

Dubai is becoming the center of the world. It pretty much is (geographicaly). The World Islands will also be an amazing feat. Unfortunately they were having some problems. The reason it was built was because of the clear waters. Because of strong tides they had to create a wall surrounding the Islands, and back a couple months ago it was causing a water circulation problem and it was getting dirty. They deepened the waterways so now hopefully it's all good. The skyscraper was supposed to be smaller than what it's going to be. I think China or someone else was topping their height, so in the middle of construction they decided to add more floors, which was a risky decision, but it's coming along great. You can expect to see many more amazing structures from these people. Dubai is the architect heaven.

PS: Sorry if anything is mispelled, I'm on my PS3 right now and I don't have spell checker lol.

Back
Top Bottom