Well, goodbye Honda; Hello Jeep

1998 what? Not all cars from 1998 suck.

+1. The Mazda RX-7 FD was made before that and it's still one of the best cars ever made. Very competitive on the track.

Hell, my BMW was made in 1991 and it's still a great platform for a track slut conversion.

It's got to hurt when you fill that guy up. At least, you have some fun in it...but what was wrong with the Honda in the first place?

True, but torque is important for acceleration. My dad has a pretty fast small car compared to some, a subaru outback, basic 2.5H-4 engine. 170hp, and like 150 torque. He drove my truck and said it was very peppy, made his car feel slow.
Those small cars are light, but they dont wiegh that much less then jeeps and trucks. My truck wieghs about 3200pounds at most. Fullsize wiegh about 1000-2000 more. But with those big V-8s, the power to weight ratio is much better then those small cars.
Ever seen those youtube videos where a Cummins smokes a Viper? Check it out.

Just because a Cummins diesel smokes a viper, doesn't mean a different Viper can't smoke that Cummins. It's not hard to make a Viper run faster times than 11's. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to disrespect the truck either.

Civic EK's and EG's weigh anywhere from 2000-2300 lbs. from the manufacturer. Jeep Wranglers weigh around 3200 lbs., that's a pretty big difference.

Those are both nice Jeeps Arruzx, yours looks good with those rims on it. What else are you planning to do to it?

thats preety sweet, have you went off road yet? or gotten muddy? my friend had one like this and they are the best for going nuts off road lol.

Yeah, so far its done everything I could ask for. The new tires are like freaking teeth I swear it.

You got the straight six in there man? My friend has a Cherokee with that engine, he said he gets like 14-15mpg... He wanted to trade for my ranger, but then I told him I had a 4.0 too, getting only slightly better mpg, so he backed out of the trade, lol.
I want some tires like that... bfg all terrain would be nice, but they are a lot. My dad doesnt want to buy mud tires either... says they will rattle the teeth out of my mouth going down the road... They dont ride rough, they are just louder. But regular MTs usually arent loud, its when you get into 6ply stuff...

Since I have a convertible more or less, honestly i dont notice road noise of the tires. So its not a concern. Even with the top and doors completely on its still to loud to tell. Although I can honestly say they dont ride any more rough the A/Ts I had before. These tires are absolutely awesome.

And yes, my MPGs suck.

Arrizx, how much are you paying for insurance on the jeep?

Cant say for sure yet.

aHAHA!

meh whatever.nothing will really be great for the environment until we can drive with just air.

LOL that'll be the day. To true.

It's got to hurt when you fill that guy up. At least, you have some fun in it...but what was wrong with the Honda in the first place?

It does, but where I live its just more the vehicle for it. Besides, after we traded it in the car had a front end problem. Insides of the front tires after 10k miles were worn down to the metal beads.

Those are both nice Jeeps Arruzx, yours looks good with those rims on it. What else are you planning to do to it?

Thanks dude. Not sure. I want to paint the running bar. Since I work at les schwab next summer I'm going to plan on a 6'' teraflex lift and a quick sway bar disconnect for ridiculous articulation. So ill keep my tire size now even though I could run 35s. More room to flex! Other then that there isnt much that I want to do. I really like how it is now. Sometime I would like to get a real tire carrier instead of the rear door one, and I would like a new soft top from bestop just because mine is so weathered from never being garaged for the last 2 years.

Jeeps rule. Honda's drool.
thumbsup4kk.gif

Back
Top Bottom