Virus Help Please!!!

disturbed13

Daemon Poster
okay here is what happened the other night
i was on my old Dell desktop and i was surfing CF
then this lame popup appeared on my web browser (Firefox)
or so i thought
so i closed it (i hit the x )
and i went on surfing
well after 10 min or so it came back
this time it had a name to its self
AnitVirusXP2008
is what it said and it started to scan my pc
i stopped it and closed the window
it was at this time in which i realized that it might be a virus
seeing as i have never heard of a program called that (and it doesnt make any sense in calling an Anit-Virus any sort of XP [or a 2008 edition for that matter, (especially when XP prodution has been stopped!)])
and i dont like to use programs that i dont trust
so i went to delete it through my start button
that didnt work (like several programs that i have delt with before [limewire is one of them])
so i closed everything
by now it had most definately asserted itself as a royal pain in my rear
with those very annoying balloons that poped up very 45 sec or so

so i started to dedicate all of my time and effort to solving this problem
(FYI at that point i had been up for a total of 12 hrs and 45 mins the night before and a 2 hr nap after that and then been up for another 11 hrs and 30 min [i was very cranky])
i knew i didnt have alot of time left (i had to get up for work a 330am today)
so i looked in my program files and found its folder (it was the new f'd up name)
and i tried to delete that
didnt work
and then i tried to update Spybot Search and Destroy, and Adaware
they both encountered errors :(
and the program also changed my background!
i tried to go in and change that
my desktop tab was no longer present!
and there wasnt any other program open so i know it wasnt my mobo not drawing everthing!

what should i do!
any help is appreciated!
thanks everyone

I just encountered the same issue on a friends laptop with AnitVirusXP2008. Everything was screwed up ... even safe mode. Ended up just wiping & reloading the OS. Some loser has created a new virus to make people miserable. What a waste of time!
Typically when a computer comes to me with virus, spyware, spam overload ... what have you ... I don't waste my time trying clean it up. Just backup what you can (you should be doing this anyway while things are working great) and then reload. 25 hours wasted in trying to figure out how to get rid of a virus or 3-4 hours reloading (less if you've used Ghost to create an image) ... I'd go with the reload.

i had the same thing happen to me. i had to make a new profile on my xp laptop and move everthing over. that fixed it tille i got home and i had the chance to back up and wipe out my laptop.

:(
i just wanna shoot the..................
me
i guess thats what i get for using a free version of AVG
but still
i would like to see that pig that made this virus get one just as bad as what he has developed
one of these days!

:(
i just wanna shoot the..................
me
i guess thats what i get for using a free version of AVG
but still
i would like to see that pig that made this virus get one just as bad as what he has developed
one of these days!

I use AVG :eek: . What version of AVG do you have? Maybe I should shop around for different Antivirus program before I get hit.

Back
Top Bottom