A country is being invaded and were doing what?

well i heard they agreed to the cease fire and are still fighting, if this is actually true then there both SOL if there both doing it.... no country will trust them after this if they dont cease fire

1stly
Most international news agrees with what is written in that report.

Georgia invaded South Ossetia, apparently to stop violence against Georgian citizens by separatists in south Ossetia, (by violence, I mean shelling).

so it's likely not KGB bull shit.

2ndly
Georgia does have both natural gas and oil reserves.

3rdly
Georgia and America have been allies since the fall of the soviet union when Georgia became an independent state. in fact Georgia has a lot of western allies.

With Georgia the conflict is only in its infancy and i expect American government is still coming to a decision although there isn't much they can do with troops in Iraq

1. to prevent the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction.
2. for regime change.
3. to further the war on terror.
4. because of iraq's violation of united nations resolutions.
5. because of saddam hussein's evil dictatorship and actions.
6. because of a lack of weapons inspections in iraq.
7. to liberate iraq.
8. because of iraq's ties to al qaeda.
9. because iraq was an imminent threat.
10. to disarm iraq.
11. to conclude the gulf war of 1991.
12. because hussein was a threat to the region.
13. for the safety of the world.
14. to support the united nations.
15. because the united states could (easy victory).
16. to preserve peace around the world.
17. because iraq was a unique threat.
18. to transform the region.
19. as a warning to other terrorist nations.
20. because hussein hates the united states and will act against it.
21. because history calls the united states to action.
1. yer you really found them didnt you , apart from the fact that they dont exist cos your government lied to you
2.why , the iraqui regime was doing just fine there are a lot worse governments out there
3.war on terror my ass its just america war mongering
4. the US violated the UN resoloutions as well by just going straight to war with iraq which was not explicitly stated as being allowed under resolotuoin 1441 . in fact america went to war without getting the authorisation of the UN security council and this is of questionable legality in itself
5. he is not the only evil dictator in the world there are far worse out there
6. well how come in november 2002 weapons inspectors where allowed back into iraq and began their job
7. well when youve done there you have a lot more countries to liberate then as iraq isnt the only one that needs liberation
8. i suggest you read this http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A47812-2004Jun16.html
9. according to who , the US government yer because they havent lied to you before about iraq have they
10.iraq isnt the one you should be worried about IRAN is currently in a stage of developing a nuclear power system which some claim it is going to use to build nukes
11. why because you didnt win then you have to go back and win now , that was just a personal mission of bush's as his father instigated the first gulf war and IMO shouldnt be allowed
12.and since when has america given a crap about any other country apart from themselves , oh i forgot that region has a lot of oil and if hussein starts blowing it up bye bye oil
13.for the safety of the world , again since when has america given a crap about other countries aside from itself
14. well the us didnt in fact get UN security council authorisation so they werent supporting the UN at all they where working against it
15. if it was an easy victory why are you still there , and that is the worst excuse for a war ever , thatss like if i go and beat some 5 year old kid up and then when the police come i say oh i did it because i could
16. well pretty much the same as no 13 but i will say if you care so much about world peace why dont you head of to palestince and isreal and sort the fighting out there or do they not have enough oil for your liking
17 ok well im gonna ask you to elaborate there cos i dont have a clue what you are talking about
18. what into a battelfield cos thats all you have suceeded in doing so far
19. dosent look like they have heeded the warning cos iran is still pursuing a programme of nuclear power
20. well you have more chance of irans president attacking america he openly hates america and has said if he gets the chance he will attack america with whatever force he has available to him so i would be more worried about iran
21 again elaborate i dont get it

I thought I saw in the news that Bush just sent troops to Georgia. Any truth?

i did a google search on the cease fire, and i found a very interesting response on a news website from a russian civilian. whether this is true or not, is beyond me. but this turns the tables majorly, and points to Georgia.

yeah what he says is true, at least most of it is. The massacre of hundreds of civilians does sound quite a lot like complete BS.
But there is one thing that he is forgetting, or should I say doesn't want to mention since doing so would make Russia look bad. South Ossetia is part of georgia. So in fact, georgia never attacked another country. It was an internal operation to make sure that the government stays in control of the country.
They never went outside of their own borders. Russia is the only one in this conflict that has moved military personnel/vehicles outside of it's own borders.

Also, prodigy:
1. where did you get the news that russians were in georgias capital?
2. where did you get this "1/4th of russias entire army"?
(may I remind you, that

The first point MIGHT be true, but I haven't heard of it.
The second point is just fail.
According to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_South_Ossetia_War there are 15 000 russian troops.

With Georgia the conflict is only in its infancy and i expect American government is still coming to a decision although there isn't much they can do with troops in Iraq

1. yer you really found them didnt you , apart from the fact that they dont exist cos your government lied to you
2.why , the iraqui regime was doing just fine there are a lot worse governments out there
3.war on terror my ass its just america war mongering
4. the US violated the UN resoloutions as well by just going straight to war with iraq which was not explicitly stated as being allowed under resolotuoin 1441 . in fact america went to war without getting the authorisation of the UN security council and this is of questionable legality in itself
5. he is not the only evil dictator in the world there are far worse out there
6. well how come in november 2002 weapons inspectors where allowed back into iraq and began their job
7. well when youve done there you have a lot more countries to liberate then as iraq isnt the only one that needs liberation
8. i suggest you read this http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A47812-2004Jun16.html
9. according to who , the US government yer because they havent lied to you before about iraq have they
10.iraq isnt the one you should be worried about IRAN is currently in a stage of developing a nuclear power system which some claim it is going to use to build nukes
11. why because you didnt win then you have to go back and win now , that was just a personal mission of bush's as his father instigated the first gulf war and IMO shouldnt be allowed
12.and since when has america given a crap about any other country apart from themselves , oh i forgot that region has a lot of oil and if hussein starts blowing it up bye bye oil
13.for the safety of the world , again since when has america given a crap about other countries aside from itself
14. well the us didnt in fact get UN security council authorisation so they werent supporting the UN at all they where working against it
15. if it was an easy victory why are you still there , and that is the worst excuse for a war ever , thatss like if i go and beat some 5 year old kid up and then when the police come i say oh i did it because i could
16. well pretty much the same as no 13 but i will say if you care so much about world peace why dont you head of to palestince and isreal and sort the fighting out there or do they not have enough oil for your liking
17 ok well im gonna ask you to elaborate there cos i dont have a clue what you are talking about
18. what into a battelfield cos thats all you have suceeded in doing so far
19. dosent look like they have heeded the warning cos iran is still pursuing a programme of nuclear power
20. well you have more chance of irans president attacking america he openly hates america and has said if he gets the chance he will attack america with whatever force he has available to him so i would be more worried about iran
21 again elaborate i dont get it

You're using the word 'you' an awful lot in there but you fail to realise that we as a country are also in there. We went in at pretty much the same time as the US and are in Afghanistan as well. We went in for supposedly the same reasons as the US, so the way you're taking a dig at those reasons without considering the fact that, actually, we shouldn't be in there either, is quite unjustifiable.

But there is one thing that he is forgetting, or should I say doesn't want to mention since doing so would make Russia look bad. South Ossetia is part of georgia. So in fact, georgia never attacked another country. It was an internal operation to make sure that the government stays in control of the country.
They never went outside of their own borders. Russia is the only one in this conflict that has moved military personnel/vehicles outside of it's own borders.

Also, prodigy:
1. where did you get the news that russians were in georgias capital?
2. where did you get this "1/4th of russias entire army"?
(may I remind you, that

The first point MIGHT be true, but I haven't heard of it.
The second point is just fail.
According to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_South_Ossetia_War there are 15 000 russian troops.

South Ossetia is a separate independent state from Georgia since around 1990.

people in South Ossetia have Russian passports, not Georgian.

ANYWAY...
A country is being invaded and were doing what?
it's not up to America to 'do' anything, it's up to the United nations to deploy a peace keeping force there.
owing to the current military commitments of both America, and Britain, it is quite unlikely, (though not impossible) that American or British troops will form a part of that peace keeping force.

South Ossetia is a separate independent state from Georgia since around 1990.

people in South Ossetia have Russian passports, not Georgian.

they did declare themselves independent. It's just that no one recognizes their independency.
"The independence has not been diplomatically recognized by any member of the United Nations – which continues to regard South Ossetia as part of Georgia."

So they are not officially recognized as an independent country, therefore they are still (at least technically) part of georgia.

And yes, there are a lot of people with russian passports in south ossetia. Does that make it a part of Russia? No. Does that make it independent? Obviously not. The thing is that russia gave every south ossetian person russian citizenship if they wanted it. Purely a political move to try and pull them away from georgia. (and this citizenship thing is the basis for their attack too. They have to defend their citizens)

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/08/15/us.russia/index.html
seems that they barely both signed the cease-fire with Russia....

quote from bush

"The Cold War is over," Bush said. "The days of satellite states and spheres of influence are behind us. A contentious relationship with Russia is not in America's interest. And a contentious relationship with America is not in Russia's interests."

Bush said that "only Russia" can determine whether it will continue a policy that "promises only confrontation or isolation" or "put itself back on the path of responsible nations."

Back
Top Bottom