Asus eee

Teny

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
so ive been looking for a laptop for awhile, and i had an eye on the Asus eee.
I was thinking of getting the $299.99 one
specs

Operating System - Linux
CPU Type - Intel Mobile CPU
Screen - 7" WVGA
Memory Size - 512MB DDR2
Hard Disk - 2GB Solid-State Disk
Graphics Card - Intel UMA
Video Memory - shared memory
Battery Life - 2.8 hours
Dimensions - 8.86" x 6.30" x 0.79-1.26"
Weight - 2.0 lbs.

this is pretty much for school, like going online, listening to music, watching videos, typing, etc.
i like how its small and stuff, and am thinking of putting XP in it.
but whats a Intel Mobile CPU? and how fast is it?
and think i should get it?
i dont really want to game on it since laptop batteries dont last long.

i know the HDD is small, but i was thinking of getting my laptop says HDD out of my system, get an external closure case, and plug it in via USB. The HDD i was going to make external is 160gb

Um i dont know how successful music and videos would be on a 2gb HD :/ my 4gb ipod is completely full and im bummed about that. Maybe an External HD?

yeah... i kind of forgot to add that i am going to make my old external 160gb (now internal) back into external.

this is pretty much for school, like going online, listening to music, watching videos, typing, etc.
You shouldn't buy an Asus Eee PC if you intend on typing frequently.

i wont be typing frequently, mainly when i have a paper i have to do, and i am at school, i would type it onto/back from/ in school, and print it at home.

i know how small it is, i saw it in person. its displayed at micro center, and i was playing around with it for awhile, then my friend somehow found a low detailed penguin game, and it seemed like it was lagging

Honestly, if you're not going to be doing anything that requires you to install Windows-specific programs, such as games, I'd recommend staying with Linux. It wouldn't use up the limited resources of the Eee as much as an XP installation would, which is something to bear in mind when you're buying something that will probably only just run XP properly. The one you're looking at was designed specifically with Linux in mind as its operating system, which is how they managed to keep the specs low and, as a result, the price low.

They have, however, put in to production a slightly bigger version with extra RAM, a slightly larger hard drive and Windows XP as standard. It's about £50-65 more expensive over here, but it would be more comfortable with XP on it.

Personally, I think that you'd be all set with the Linux machine if you had OpenOffice, Totem and XMMS :)

I don't really like the EEEPC honestly. It's not performent as what you'd think. This laptop can barely handle XP, let alone Linux. I don't know how much free space remaining, but it's probably a little less than a gig.

well, the others pretty much already mentioned both of these but if it's xp and typing that you want then this is not the way to go. I'd just go with a cheap normal size laptop.

I once typed with the eee pc. Took me like 30 seconds to type my email addres. :D You need something like a toothpick to press the keys. Well, maybe something a bit thicker is ok too but my fingers were certainly a bit too large. :D

Back
Top Bottom