A country is being invaded and were doing what?

Prodigy146

Fully Optimized
I know there was already a thread about this but this shit is serious.

There are some reports of Russia agreeing on a truce but the russian army is still patrolling in the streets at georgias capital city and at citys and towns scattered around the capital city.

Now Georgia is our ally. I mean we love policing the world, why isnt congress making a move to go into georgia?

because the fighting is beginning to cease. we're in too deep with iraq, we dont need one more thing for people to hammer the Bush administration for. we're doing good in iraq, people know it, iraqi's know it and so do our soldiers. sure not EVERYBODY agrees with us being over there, but ultimately we are doing a great job and i stand firmly that we need to stay and finish our job of liberating the Iraqi people. i do agree we should head to georgia and assist, however right now it's just not a good thing to get involved in. nobody is supporting putin and his stupid immature war games he's playing. soon enough, the fighting will cease. but we're stretched too thin at the moment, if things do get extremely bad and putin keeps ignoring our orders for a cease fire then im sure we'll do something.

If the fighting is begining to cease why is 1/4 of russias entire army patrolling citys in georgia?

We sent Condoleza Rice in to act as a diplomat. Other than that, I don't know any other plans.

I am really worried about this. Georgia and Russia are both our allies, and we may be making a terrible mistake by supporting Georgia. I can see why we are, I mean, they are the underdog here, but this is like going against Russia. I don't know what to say.

i did a google search on the cease fire, and i found a very interesting response on a news website from a russian civilian. whether this is true or not, is beyond me. but this turns the tables majorly, and points to Georgia.

EDIT - source: http://www.newstin.co.uk/tag/uk/72823779

"It is evident that many people in the world do not clearly understand what is really happening in the S.Ossetia due to being ill-informed. The conflict has been launched at night, Aug.7 to 8, by Georgian troops invading South Ossetia, destroying the City of Tskhinval with heavy armament and massacring hundreds of Ossetian civilians. The picture with "missile bombardment of Georgia", reportedly by Russian army, demonstrated by many TV channels was in fact that of Georgian attack on the South Ossetia and it was shown by Russian TV more than 12 hours before the American and European media reported about "Russian agression against Georgia". I personally saw these TV reports when the Georgian invasion has began, but at that time all western media were keeping deathly silence. There were NO Russian troops, except the peace-keepers (staying here from 1992 according to international mandate) within the South Ossetia until the Georgian invasion from Aug.8.08. And now it is presented as if it is Russia who first attacked Georgia! Please, draw conclusions yourselves! I'm from Russia, my e-mail: albatros-@mail.ru"

i guess if you have questions, send that guy an email. he put it out publicly.

@ flightsim, i too am pretty worried where this is going to take us. a day ago it was reported that the fighting was slowing down, however prodigy brought forth multiple sources saying otherwise. i apologize for not being up to date. anyway, i guess the only thing we can do is see what happens in the coming days. hopefully they will be able to get this resolved diplomatically.

@ bullzi

Yeah thats complete BS. Thats just russia trying to spin it around because they've decided on to not go through with invading Georgia.

The KGB at its best

For those who are in the United States, check out CNN.

Larry King is currently interviewing Georgia's president.

Back
Top Bottom