Dell Inspirion qeustion.

charlie009

Baseband Member
Hi, Ive recently purchased a Dell inspirion Notebook.

Here is what it came with:

Intel® Pentium® Dual Core T2390 (1.86GHz/533Mhz FSB/1MB cache)

4GB Shared Dual Channel DDR2 at 667MHz

Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X3100

I was wondering. Would this be good enough to run Games [Well]. Such as CSS, hl2, Gmod, Oblivion. Not anything like crysis. Just ordinary games. And if i could run them without lagg(even if i must lower detail or anything)/

Sorry, i dont really know much about the graphics card. Or how the ram or proccessor would help. Could anyone guess how this notebook would run games with this hardware?

If you want to run games hassle free, I suggest you move away from integrated graphics.

well, that sort of helped. i got one more question. since i dont have the lap-top yet. I got lots of ram, and the proccessor isnt that bad.

I tried to do some research on the graphics card. But i couldnt find any helpful info on it. Is this a crappy graphics card? will the proccessor and ram make up for a bad graphics card.

no its an integrated solution its nice but not for gaming, its really good for multimedia and video edits, and such.

Is this a crappy graphics card?

It's fine for those who don't game.

will the proccessor and ram make up for a bad graphics card.

They can only do so much to help increase performence, but they won't make up for bad performence.

for games. the minimum requirements is for like.. all details turned off ect.?

also, thanks for the help.

Well for gaming that graphics card inst wonderfull its great for everyday office stuff
I have it in my laptop as im not very into gaming the only reason i have my laptop is for when i go to uni next year so its only going to be for writing essays and research i thought if i eliminate the possibility of gaming maybe i will get some real work done at uni

however looking at the specs for the games you listed i don't think it will be too much of an issue as long as you turn a few details down and don't play at too high a resolution the laptop should handle them but don't go trying to play anything recent like crisis cos it isnt really going to be an enjoyable experience these laptops aren't designed for gaming

as for the question about cpu making up for gpu , i only think having a decent cpu can do so much , with older games like that it should run them fine as it far exceeds the required specs but with newer games a lot more detail is required in graphics processing and the processor cant handle doing graphics processing and other game processing at the same time

shared memory means that essentially the memory required for the graphics side of things is taken from the main memory which you have 4gb of so i dont think the graphics side taking 384mb is a big deal in your case , however it can be crippling in systems with sya only 512mb ram as over half of that is taken for graphics

Back
Top Bottom