Virus? spyware? someone please help me

green101

Baseband Member
At First I come home and there it is the blue screen of death. My computer restart, I see this blue and yellow background saying "Warning! spyware detected on your computer! Please install an antivirus or spyware cleaner to clean your computer." Then I go to properties and want to change background but I dont see the Desktop Or the Screensaver tabs. Then I run my spyware remover(SpyCatcher) which Ive had on since I installed windows. And I also run my antivirus(Avg 8.0 Free Edition) they both find things delete them. But still I restart computer and The wallpaper is still there and I still cant change it. But I did go on the internet and found my old wallpaper so I put it as my main background. I also found forums to fix the problem. I deleted a suspeciouse file which had some random words on it someone else had the same file and they took it off. I don't know if that had anything to do with it. But anyways I uninstall Avast antivirus to go back to Avg because AVg i had no problems with. And when I run a full scan it goes to bluescreen. I dont know what to do. I even installed hijackthis and checked everything by accident but restored them. It didnt help but i can post the report if someone things that can help me. Anyways sorry for the long post and hopefully someone will reply or anything.

What is the message that it gives you when you scan with AVG? Also, try scanning in Safe Mode, see if that helps. Another program you can use is Spybot which is pretty good for scanning spyware stuff.

This was taken from Celgorms post found here: http://www.computerforums.org/showthread.php?t=74983

Not that easy. The only good way to put it, is this one is a bitch and a half to remove, and seems to get by every single anti-virus.

This bugger is tricky. Best thing to do here is simply to cut your losses and save time and just re-format the computer after any needed data is backed up.

If you want to save yourself from that, be ready for at least five hours of work. You'll need to start by taking out your hard drive and plugging it into another computer to scan. Then delete the files you know are part of it, you have one listed, there is another that starts with a "d". Restart and scan again, making sure an anti-spyware goes over the drive.

Plug the hard drive back into your computer. On boot up, turn OFF system restore. This guy infects ALL restore points. Once system restore is off, run disk cleanup, then get CCleaner and run that. Update and run your anti-virus and anti-spyware program.

Repeat the above steps.

Once you've repeated the steps above that's pretty much all you can do. Depending on how bad you got infected, you may still have items missing from your start menu, and task manager may still be disabled, but the virus USUALLY is gone. You can turn system restore back on now.

As an additional note, DO NOT BUY the software the virus is trying to sell you. I've had a few customer's report that they did pull the stupid and buy it and the system worked for about two weeks, then it went to crap again.

Also to repeat myself, don't bother getting a different anti-virus. You name the anti-virus program and this thing has gone by it. The only system I have yet to see infected is one with NOD32, but I am not sure if that's just because it isn't as widely used as everything else or if it's actually stopping the thread.

Try and press escape when you get a BSOD. My friend had that problem (was a virus). It was making fake BSOD's XD

Back
Top Bottom