Polishing my website

WeeWoh

Baseband Member
Hiyah, me and a friend have recently set up a website on a Debian Linux server with the address jjtcomputing.co.uk. Ive done a lot of work on the website, trying to improve the interface, but it still looks like it is from the 1990s. Could you visit it and help me improve the entire site?

The font - Change to Verdana or Arial or somthing That's the MAIN thing for me

The Background - I prefer it to either have a colour other than white, or to have other colours going on around the place.

The Logo - Right now, It doesnt really blend in, At all. You could do with having the logo's background being similar to the background of the page, or somthing similar to that...

The Logo positioning - If I where you, I'd make the logo slightly, and move it to the top left corner.

Also, The menu links are broken when you go from one page to another... I.E. If im on the Debian install guide, and want to be on the Ultimate install guide, I cant go directly over, without getting a 404.

It's a good start. If you want to use a good WYSIWYG editor, try Nvu. It's a free alternative to Dreamweaver.

http://www.nvudev.com/index.php

Also, The menu links are broken when you go from one page to another... I.E. If im on the Debian install guide, and want to be on the Ultimate install guide, I cant go directly over, without getting a 404.

Probably because he's still developing the site.

It's a good start. If you want to use a good WYSIWYG editor, try Nvu. It's a free alternative to Dreamweaver.

http://www.nvudev.com/index.php

Probably because he's still developing the site.
Hmm, i use Kompozer, which is based on Nvu, but have downloaded a trial of Dreamweaver. I dont particulary want to be too dependant on WYSIWYG so I write the HTML code for certain parts of the site which is possibly why its so cr*p.

Alright then, changed the font, fixed the 404 Error, moved the logo and got rid of the frames. Anything else?

Back
Top Bottom