Can you tell me if all these parts are conpatible?

Okay I am planning on building my own computer and I just want to make sure all these components are compatible...and yes I have already looked just want to make sure...
These are the components:

CASE: Apevia Black/Black X-Plorer ATX Mid-Tower Case with Clear Side, Fan Controller, Front USB and Firewire Port

POWER SUPPLY: Apevia / Iceberg / 680-Watt / ATX / Dual 80mm Fan / 20/24 Pin / SLI-Ready / SATA-Ready / Green / Power Supply

MOBO: Apevia / Iceberg / 680-Watt / ATX / Dual 80mm Fan / 20/24 Pin / SLI-Ready / SATA-Ready / Green / Power Supply

PROCESSOR: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 Processor EU80580PJ0606M - 2.50GHz, 6MB Cache, 1333MHz FSB, Yorkfield, Quad Core, OEM, Socket 775, Processor

VIDEO CARD: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 Processor EU80580PJ0606M - 2.50GHz, 6MB Cache, 1333MHz FSB, Yorkfield, Quad Core, OEM, Socket 775, Processor

RAM: OCZ SLI-Ready Dual Channel 4096MB PC6400 DDR2 800MHz Memory (2x2048MB)

HARD DRIVE: Maxtor DiamondMax 21 500GB Hard Drive - 7200, 16MB, SATA-300, OEM

DVD DRIVE: Lite-On LH-20A1L-06 SuperAllwrite Lightscribe DVD Burner OEM - 20x DVD±R Burn, 16x DVD±R Read, 8x DVD+RW, 6x DVD-RW, 8x DVD±R DL, 12x DVD-RAM, 48x24x CD-R/RW, Black, SATA, No Software

and then I have cpu and case fans Thanks for your help
Anyone else seeing a PSU for a case, and a processor for a graphics card?

Okay well, those parts are compatible but probably not the best way to spend your money.

Firstly, Apevia cases look ugly IMO. They are cheaply made, obviously because its cheap price. You get what you pay for I guess. :( You're better off with something a bit more expensive. They will be way better built. Possibly a Coolermaster 690 or something of that sort.

Secondly, get a different PSU. Apevia doesn't provide quality PSUs. End of story. Also, you don't really need that of a high wattage PSU unless you're planning on going SLi or CrossfireX. Also if you're running a lot of hardware, but from the looks of it, you're not.

Thirdly, I don't think you should base your buyings on your friends experiences. You're probably better off listening to the people at this forum and spend a few bucks more for the 4850. (WITH A P45 CHIPSET, not a nVidia board). If you are a nVidia fanboy and you're dying to have a cipset and graphics card from them, (which is probably not the greatest decision in itself atm) you should at least go with the 9000 series, or maybe even a 200 series card (overkill maybe) as the 8000 series is dated as of now.

Don't get me wrong, the 8800GT was an awesome card at its time, just you're better off futureproofing yourself with a newer card.

Fourthly, do not go buying a quad core processor over a dual core because 4 is a greater number than 2. As it really doesn't seem like you will be using applications that will benefit from four cores by the way you talk, you're better off with a dual-core such as the E8*** series and overclocking it to its greatest potential; even if you don't overclock it, it is still a great choice. Unless you really take joy in telling your friend you have more cores than him, you have no real benefit. You're downgrading really. You're better off having faster clock speeds for games, rather than more cores. I could be wrong with your intentions with this computer, if I am; sorry.

Finally, I think you should listen to the people at these forums and their suggestions, as to my knowledge, they know more about this stuff than you; and me obviously ;).

Lawl, so in short. Get a 4850, P45 chipset, a new case, and a new PSU. I almost guarantee that you'll be happier that way.

I really don't know about the HDD, the memory is okay.

Just my 50 cents. haha :)

-isaiah :)

EDIT:

EEK, it looks like I didn't read all the replies fully. Sorry for the repeat of the mistakes in the first post.

The Apollo is better. You're getting the idea ;).

-cough- AMD/ATI with p45, and new PSU -cough-

eek cold. =/

Anyone else seeing a PSU for a case, and a processor for a graphics card?

Okay well, those parts are compatible but probably not the best way to spend your money.

Firstly, Apevia cases look ugly IMO. They are cheaply made, obviously because its cheap price. You get what you pay for I guess. :( You're better off with something a bit more expensive, that'll be way better built. Maybe a Coolermaster 690 or something of that sor

Secondly, get a different PSU. Apevia doesn't provide quality PSUs. End of story. Also, you don't really need that of a high wattage PSU unless you're planning on going SLi or CrossfireX. Also if you're running a lot of hardware, but from the looks of it, you're not.

Thirdly, I don't think you should base your buyings on your friends experiences. You're probably better off listening to the people at this forum and spend a few bucks more for the 4850. (WITH A P45 CHIPSET, not a nVidia board). If you're going nVidia; (which is probably not the greatest decision in itself atm) you should at least go with the 9000 series, or maybe even a 200 series card (overkill maybe) as the 8000 series is dated as of now.

Don't get me wrong, the 8800GT was an awesome card at its time, just you're better off futureproofing yourself with a newer card.

Fourthly, do not go buying a quad core processor over a dual core because 4 is a greater number than 2. As it really doesn't seem like you will be using applications that will benefit from four cores by the way you talk, you're better off with a dual-core such as the E8*** series. Unless you really take joy in telling your friend you have more cores than him, you have no real benefit, from my understanding from your post. You're downgrading really.

Finally, I think you should listen to the people at these forums and their suggestions, as to my knowledge, they know more about this stuff than you; and me obviously ;).

Lawl, so in short. Get a 4850, P45 chipset, a new case, and a new PSU. I almost guarantee that you'll be happier that way.

I really don't know about the HDD, the memory is okay.

Just my 50 cents. haha :)

-isaiah :)

Couldn't agree more.

If you're just building this for games, you're better off getting a E8400 than the Q9300.

OKay well I took your guys advice and will now be getting that chipset and mobo.......here is a updated list of what I plan on getting

CASE: NZXT ALP-001 Alpha ATX Mid-Tower Case

MOBO: http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3940037&CatId=3790

POWER SUPPLY: Aspire 600W DarkSide Alum Black PSU

DVD DRIVE: Lite-On LH-20A1L-06 SuperAllwrite Lightscribe DVD Burner OEM - 20x DVD±R Burn, 16x DVD±R Read, 8x DVD+RW, 6x DVD-RW, 8x DVD±R DL, 12x

GRAPHICS CARD: Sapphire Radeon HD 4850 Video Card

HARD DRIVE: Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 500GB Hard Drive - 7200RPM, 32MB, SATA-300, OEM

RAM: Corsair Dual Channel TWINX 4096MB PC6400 DDR2 800MHz Memory (2 x 2048MB)

FAN AND TEMP CONTROLLER: SilverStone 5.25" Aluminum Fan and Temperature Controller

PROCESSOR:Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 Processor BX80580Q9300 - 2.50GHz, 6MB Cache........but I still havent really decided If I want duo or quad

again the psu is not made buy the best brand. i would go for a OCZ psu. good reveiws and a 600 watt is about 80 to 90. and less if they have rebates

Pick a OCZ, Corsair, PC Power & Cooling, or Antec power supply. There are others that are okay, but these are generally good vendors.

Back
Top Bottom