quick heatsink question

wow.. Haha, that is huge.
think it will fit into this?
PHOT0003.jpg

(the PSU is different, i didnt feel like taking a new picture since my lamp blew out and cant rally take a picture of it

Okay, so i am down to these 4 heatsinks that i am thinking of getting on newegg.
Tuniq Tower 120 Universal CPU Cooler 120mm Cooling Fan and Fan Controler/Heatsink
ZALMAN 9500A 92mm 2 Ball CPU Cooler
ZEROtherm BTF90 92mm Silent UFO CPU Cooler
XIGMATEK HDT-S1283 120mm Rifle CPU Cooler
Or others if more people suggests other.
The only HSF i am thinking of getting are the ones that blows to the exhaust fan and not towards the CPU.
I would go with the Tuniq, but it says that it only supports AM2 on the new version, but will newegg actually send out one that supports AM2 to me?
It seems that Microcenter doesnt have any that supports AM2

the smaller Xigmatek that I linked, the one zKilla and I have, should fit and the fan does blow towards the case's exhaust fan...

i see, well i have two exhaust places, one in the back, and two on top.
how would you measure the the space to see if it fits?
and isnt the bigger the cooler it is?

i see, well i have two exhaust places, one in the back, and two on top.
how would you measure the the space to see if it fits?
and isnt the bigger the cooler it is?

the smaller Xigmatek should be able to fit and you could play around and try it with the fan blowing either way to see where you get the best results, the bigger one is better, but only by a few degrees in most cases, both will keep an OCed cpu cool, the larger fan means less rpms and therefore less noise, but to tell the truth I can never hear the fan on the smaller one that I have...

i already got 7 120mm fans in my case, and the 8800GT at 90% fan speed when playing games, so i dont think another 120mm fan would make it any louder.
What i was thinking of doing was to replace some fans with some that doesnt create as much noise.

its this right (microcenter link)
http://microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0288208

will i be able to attach a bigget fan in the future?
and think its a good idea if i rig the HS to put 2 fans? (one to blow, and one to suck)
unless you think just having one fan to blow is good enough.

haha, what you know, i do.
It is a pretty sweet case, the only thing i dont like is the non transparent side, but me and a couple of friends are thinking of custom making one.

Back
Top Bottom