When will ATI fix the 4000 series' fans?

My hands tell a different story about TR coolers. If they can feel they can charge that much for a cooler, then I'd expect a decent base.

JK JK, my TRUE is awesome. It was well worth the four hours it took to get it flat :D

They should definitely take a lesson from Noctua about bases though.

My card idled at 78C and, having never seen my 9600GT break the 50C mark (even in Crysis with all the settings on High!) I was quite worried, even more so that the ATi Catalyst Control Centre didn't have a fan speed option! Upping the percentage from 20% to 40% cut temperatures from 78C to 43C and the noise isn't unbearable. You can hear it, but it's a background noise and not the kind of vacuum cleaner noise that you get above 50% :p

To those who have fitted after-market coolers, do you all overclock your cards? I'm not sure that, from my position, I can see the advantage of fitting one if the card is capable of keeping itself well-within safe temperatures.

My hands tell a different story about TR coolers. If they can feel they can charge that much for a cooler, then I'd expect a decent base.

JK JK, my TRUE is awesome. It was well worth the four hours it took to get it flat :D

They should definitely take a lesson from Noctua about bases though.

Yeah, TR bases are so-so. It was worth lapping for me too :D

I like to buy GPU coolers because:

1: Lower temps are always nice, especially since I usually OC my cards a bit
2: Noise
3: They look cool :cool:

Do you have the HR-03 that hangs over the back of the card? I think that one looks awesome.

But let's get back on topic.

i think if you download speed fan then u can set the fans manually but im not sure if it works with video card fans tho

Back
Top Bottom