China is a polished turd

That's totally different. Japan brought that on by attacking Pearl Harbor.

You guys don't seem to understand the difference between a civil rights violation and war.

For those of you who don't know about the Tienanmen Square Massacre, read about it here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiananmen_Square_protests_of_1989
just because it happens at a time of war dosent make it any more morally acceptable in my eyes ,
and rather than launch attacks aimed directly at the japannese air force who carried out the attacks on pearl harbour America's armed forces devastated a whole city and killed and injured loads of innocent civilians , how is that any better than the Tienanmen square massacre ?? both are just as bad as each other in my eyes

To be honest, this thread is the most biased piece of crap i've read in a long time. The "horrible" things that started this thread (ignoring all the stuff about the Tienanmen Square and the other human rights stuff) happen every day here in Milwaukee, yet Milwaukee isn't a polished turd, is it?

i completely and utterly agree that this thread is pretty biassed towards china , no country is perfect and for an american to claim china is crap is pretty rich IMO cos i sure as hell know america is far from perfect

well some would say the war that is being fought in the middle east is just others including myself would disagree there but thats another debate i suppose
and i suppose you are referring to the Tiananmen Square protests there , in which case that was in 1989 how is it a country should be judged on something that happened back then
i mean america commited an atrocity by dropping 2 nuclear bombs on japan and killing and injuring thousands of innocent civillians in 1945 the whole world could still use that to judge america however they dont

You do realise that dropping the bombs actually saved lives?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Downfall

Exactly. Japan was never going to surrender otherwise, and we just would've wasted American lives. Yes, innocent civilians had to pay for their government's mistakes, but in the eyes of our government, better to let them die than make more American's die.

You do realise that dropping the bombs actually saved lives?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Downfall

yes if you look at it that way then lives where saved
but does that then mean that all the innocent civillians killed through dropping the bombs where worth less than the troops (mainly american ) killed if an invasion had been carried out
And if innocent civillians died because of their governments mistakes how would you like it if you and your familly where to be killed because your government made mistakes , the government making mistakes should never be an excuse for the innocent to be killed

no one way to end the war was right IMO just because dropping the bombs killed less people dosent make it any more moral IMO
but this is getting way off topic ,

yes if you look at it that way then lives where saved
but does that then mean that all the innocent civillians killed through dropping the bombs where worth less than the troops (mainly american ) killed if an invasion had been carried out
And if innocent civillians died because of their governments mistakes how would you like it if you and your familly where to be killed because your government made mistakes , the government making mistakes should never be an excuse for the innocent to be killed

no one way to end the war was right IMO just because dropping the bombs killed less people dosent make it any more moral IMO
but this is getting way off topic ,

Read the link, operation Downfall would have killed tens of millions of Japanese, most of them being civilians. The bombs were the most humane and moral thing America could have done to end the war that it didn't even start.

Read the link, operation Downfall would have killed tens of millions of Japanese, most of them being civilians. The bombs were the most humane and moral thing America could have done to end the war that it didn't even start.

Assuming they would have been successfully :)

no that isnt a certainty that it would have killed tens of millions of japanese that is merely an estimate
either way it may be argued it was the most moral way but i tend to disagree there . If Germany or japan had used nuclear weapons against America to save their own citizens it would have been claimed as a war crime by America and German leaders would have been executed for these war crimes , however the American government got away with using these weapons against japan i for one would class them as war criminals
i think the single act of dropping the nuclear bomb was completely immoral and constitutes a war crime

someone lock this thread please. We have already had 'intelligent' comments like "killing 200 000 innocent civilians was the most humane & moral thing to do in that situation.

I don't think it can get any worse. So please, lock this.

edit: actually, no offence to the mods, but this thread should have been closed immediately. You should know that threads like this are just asking for trouble.

Back
Top Bottom