Overclocking help

wmorri

Daemon Poster
I recently bought a new Lenovo K210. It has an E2180 stock running at 2.00GHz. I am wondering if I could get some help with learning how to overclock it a little bit. I would like to get it to 2.5 or a little higher maybe even 3.0 if it were possible.

I do know that you have to do a lot of things from the bios. I am wondering if my stock bios: Lenovo bios version: f2KT30AUS will work or if I will need to get something else.

I have CPU-Z, and HWMonitor also, so if you need anything from them I will give you whatever you need.

Here are the full specs on my computer:
Processor Intel Pentium dual core E2180
System Board Intel G31
Memory 1*1G(667) HDD 320G Graphics Intel GMA3100 ODD DVDRW
Audio Onboard ALC662 Ethernet Onboard Card Reader 16in1 OS Windows Vistaâ„¢ Home Basic

Do you know how to enter your BIOS? You will be prompted to press a key at POST, do so. And see what options you have. You're looking for FSB frequency, CPU multiplier, RAM frequency/ratio and voltages.

The CPU frequency is calculated by FSB x CPU multiplier. The E2180 has an FSB of 800MHz. The FSB is quad pumped, therefore, it will be running at 200 x 10.

The RAM ratio is to ensure that the RAM does not become a limiting factor in the OC. DDR 667 = FSB 333 at 1:1 ratio. It's unlikely that you'll be able to push past a 333MHz FSB.

You need voltage control if the system becomes unstable.

Have a poke around in the BIOS and see what you can find.

Do you know how to enter your BIOS? You will be prompted to press a key at POST, do so. And see what options you have. You're looking for FSB frequency, CPU multiplier, RAM frequency/ratio and voltages.

The CPU frequency is calculated by FSB x CPU multiplier. The E2180 has an FSB of 800MHz. The FSB is quad pumped, therefore, it will be running at 200 x 10.

The RAM ratio is to ensure that the RAM does not become a limiting factor in the OC. DDR 667 = FSB 333 at 1:1 ratio. It's unlikely that you'll be able to push past a 333MHz FSB.

You need voltage control if the system becomes unstable.

Have a poke around in the BIOS and see what you can find.

Isn't the BIOS going to be locked?

Here is what I found in my bios. When I look under CPU Configuration, I have four options: C1E support, Execute Disable Bit, PECI, Core Multi-processing, and Intel SpeepStep tech. I also, have the CPU ID and Microcode Revision, but those are greyed out. I don't have anything about my FSB.

The CPU Multi-processing just enables or disables one of the cores, I don't have anything else there.

Hope this helps!

Here is what I found in my bios. When I look under CPU Configuration, I have four options: C1E support, Execute Disable Bit, PECI, Core Multi-processing, and Intel SpeepStep tech. I also, have the CPU ID and Microcode Revision, but those are greyed out. I don't have anything about my FSB.

The CPU Multi-processing just enables or disables one of the cores, I don't have anything else there.

Hope this helps!

You BIOS is locked...you can't OC

Sorry :(

Is there any way to work around that, or would I have to get a new mobo?

If you're serious about overclocking, you're gonna want a new motherboard. After that you may be looking at cooling, different RAM if the included RAM doesn't clock well, and lots of time spent stability testing.

Back
Top Bottom