Newegg FTW (yet again)

bullzi

Fully Optimized
Alright, most of you know i was having problems with my ABIT IX38 rebooting, and not liking my 4870 in the first slot. (i think i posted a thread about it) anyway, it finally took a crap on me the other day. right now it powers on for about a second and right back off and it repeats this until you unplug it. at first it started with the first pci-e slot not accepting my 4870, then the ethernet went out, then the sound went out and now nothing.

newegg is being a good sport about it and issuing a full refund, which shouldn't even be possible according to the terms of sale. anyway, im returning and currently shopping for a new intel chipset mobo that'll support my 4870 and overclock nicely, any suggestions for mobos? must be under $219.

I can tell you few things for sure, if you are a beginner in OC DFI board might not be the one for you, it has lots and lots of different options/menus...etc...etc, but once you get in to it, you can have one Sweet OC done! If you do decide to go with it, don't let the DDR800 turn you off, you can very easily OC your ram. I have a 1066 RAM in a 800 slot, running at 1066 speed.

My PC is in my sig, and this was my first build, which I did about 2 month ago. As you can see I have a DFI P35, great board!

Cheers

DFI boards has great OC feature, more features than what most boards has.
My friend was able to OC most specific things you can besides just the normal FSB and stuff.

well im not new to oc'ing by any standards, but im certainly no expert either. i think ill probably shoot for the asus P5Q, crossfire isn't a necessity with a 4870, and im sure ill be extremely happy with it.

Back
Top Bottom