quick heatsink question

Teny

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
sorry for the many posts i have been posting lately.
But i have a question.
Does OCZ make great CPU coolers?
i was thinking of getting the Vanquisher for $9.99 before MIR
or the Vendetta 2 Universal for $24.99 before MIR
but will only get one of them if you guys say yes.
and will go with others if you guys say no.

Vendetta 2 is amazing for the price. It rivals the TRUE, some say it beats it. With this crazy heatsink war I don't even know who's truly on top now.

for the price "yes" they are good.
I spent $69.00 for my Asus Triton 79, but funds weren't an issue for me. So to answer your question, Yes OCZ makes good heat sinks for the price :)

I have a Tuniq Tower 120 and I'm lovin' it...

It was $50, and keeps my X3350 which I OC'd from 2.66 to 3.6GHZ @ 33C on idle....very effective :)

Tuniq Tower x 2.

Even though that's not your question, I'd get the Tuniq.

But for the sake of your thread, yes, OCZ does make good heatsinks.

there are some very good heatsinks listed here and I'll add another one to the list, I swear by the Xigmatek in my sig XIGMATEK HDT-S963 92mm Rifle CPU Cooler, the price to performance ratio is unbeatable for under $25 (after MIR), and don't let the price fool you, even though it's cheap, it gets the job done with the big boys, this is it's big brother which is less than $35 (after MIR) XIGMATEK HDT-S1283 120mm Rifle CPU Cooler ...

and here's a review pitting it against some of the leaders in the field (Kingwin coolers are just rebranded Xigmateks), with stock results and OCed results as well hanging with the big boys

the choice usually boils down to your personal preference, some people like name recognition (ASUS, OCZ, Tuniq, etc.), some people want aesthetically pleasing coolers to fit the theme of their cases (LEDs, specific shape, etc.), some people want performance regardless of price, while others just want to maximize performance at a reasonable price (me)...

for reference, I have a 25% overclock on my E6600 and my temps never reach 50° even when gaming, and my cpu idles at around 35°, when not overclocked my cpu idles at 25° and never reaches 40°...

The OCZ Vendetta is almost an identical copy of the Xigmatek HDT-S1283, except for it's slightly longer fins, which means it would cool slightly better with a high RPM fan. The OCZ Vendetta 2 is one of the best air coolers available, and lucaszr, it walks all over the ASUS Triton ;)

Okay, so i am down to these 4 heatsinks that i am thinking of getting on newegg.
Tuniq Tower 120 Universal CPU Cooler 120mm Cooling Fan and Fan Controler/Heatsink
ZALMAN 9500A 92mm 2 Ball CPU Cooler
ZEROtherm BTF90 92mm Silent UFO CPU Cooler
XIGMATEK HDT-S1283 120mm Rifle CPU Cooler
Or others if more people suggests other.
The only HSF i am thinking of getting are the ones that blows to the exhaust fan and not towards the CPU.
I would go with the Tuniq, but it says that it only supports AM2 on the new version, but will newegg actually send out one that supports AM2 to me?
It seems that Microcenter doesnt have any that supports AM2

for sure either the Tuniq or Xigmatek. the xigmatek 92mm is amazing (i has it :D and im sure the 120mm would be quieter) and so is the Tuniq from what i've heard

Okay, so i am down to these 4 heatsinks that i am thinking of getting on newegg.
Tuniq Tower 120 Universal CPU Cooler 120mm Cooling Fan and Fan Controler/Heatsink
ZALMAN 9500A 92mm 2 Ball CPU Cooler
ZEROtherm BTF90 92mm Silent UFO CPU Cooler
XIGMATEK HDT-S1283 120mm Rifle CPU Cooler
Or others if more people suggests other.
The only HSF i am thinking of getting are the ones that blows to the exhaust fan and not towards the CPU.
I would go with the Tuniq, but it says that it only supports AM2 on the new version, but will newegg actually send out one that supports AM2 to me?
It seems that Microcenter doesnt have any that supports AM2

I'm pretty sure the one I got from them came with AM2 brackets. I'll check tomorrow morning for you.

Make sure you have enough room for it. It's huge:

p8130963yr4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom