David Update?

I'd say PHPBB would have been a more theoretical way to go. It's all free, as professional, once you put it to your taste, and you can have more add-ons than Vb. The only one I'd find the money is worth into a forum board would be Invision Power Board (IPB)

The user interface of vBulletin from both the user standpoint and the administrative standpoint blows phpBB away.

I agree, vbulletin has always been the most advanced forum. Initially when this forum used to run YaBB (which has come along way it has to be said), about 5 years ago vbulletin was 100x better which is why I changed.

Personally, if I visit a forum and its not vbulletin, it doesn't have that same quality feel to it and vb brings. Everyone is familiar with the vbulletin layout and are used to using it

Personally, if I visit a forum and its not vbulletin, it doesn't have that same quality feel to it and vb brings.

Quality feel? You got to be kidding me.

The same could be said about IPB, MyBB, phpBB, and PunBB.

Its all personal opinion, I'm a fan of MyBB, but I have no dislikes towards vB, they're both very good forum software.

Dude as long as I can post and people read it i'm good. Though a youtube code would be nice
wakuwaku.gif

I guess it does depend on your idea of professional as to what looks professional.

but truth be told you could skin your PHPBB forum to look exactly lie this one,

the default theme is default theme, and the only reason that it doesn't look professional is because so many people use it just straight out of the box.

in actual fact the default theme is very professional, probably one of the more professional themes available because it's been designed and tweaked and made perfect. the only reason it's found lacking and seemingly unprofessional is the amount of unprofessional sites it's used on.

I guess it does depend on your idea of professional as to what looks professional.

but truth be told you could skin your PHPBB forum to look exactly lie this one,

the default theme is default theme, and the only reason that it doesn't look professional is because so many people use it just straight out of the box.

in actual fact the default theme is very professional, probably one of the more professional themes available because it's been designed and tweaked and made perfect. the only reason it's found lacking and seemingly unprofessional is the amount of unprofessional sites it's used on.

Yeah thats true. Personally when I visit a forum or website that looks something like this: http://www.templatemonster.com/website-templates/20775.html I think its very unprofessional

I think unprofessional is the advertisements under the rep bars.

Well, not unprofessional I guess, but you lost your 'tidy' look by doing that IMO.

Back
Top Bottom