Please help me organize my new tiny apartment!!

karling07

Daemon Poster
Hey everyone, it's been a while - been extremely busy trying to get all this working out, I hope you're all doing great :) My original apartment plan with a friend ended up getting ruined at the last second because the place was infested with roaches... So I've moved to a great place, good building & location, but very very small and it's just me in a studio (the only way I could still afford it...)

Here is my floor plan:
http://img92.imageshack.us/img92/8756/roomrk8.jpg

Yes, I know it's totally tiny. I love the building though and the location is amazing, wouldn't trade it for anything!

Problem is the only been I have is a Queen which is HUGE. I really cannot afford to buy a new twin bed just to fill in my room

I'm a college kid in boston paying a LOT of money for this and I need to keep it as cheap as possible because my job becomes part time once the school year starts up again.

The brown thing is a radiator and the bottom area is the kitchen (yes, all one room). There is a small closet in the hall and a bathroom (Neither in the floorplan).

Anyone have ANY ideas on how to organize this thing?? Keep in mind, I'm a college kid, I can live fine with small amounts of furniture :) I got the single only so I could do my work alone and won't be spending much time it other than to sleep and everything

Thanks so much !

well, I'd say to put your bed in the upper left, and the computer desk at the foot with the monitors facing the bed so you can watch movies at night. then the eating table will go in front of the radiator so you can eat in a warm place on cold days.

Hey i like that idea! Very good! But the problem is if the bed is at the upper left, with the desk at the foot, it will collide with the kitchen lol

crap, a 7' bed and 3' behind the desk would put the comp on the kitchen. would that work?

nothing is worse than not being able to watch movies from in bed.

No worries, I will mount the monitor - I already have the wall mount and everything. The problem is fitting in a desk :)

Not much other crap, just some speakers and a dresser i can fit in the closet and then some school books which I will squeeze in somewhere - the desk I need to look for a new one because my one at home is gonna stay

maybe if you had a wall mounted pc you could get a real nice wireless keyboard and mouse and work from anywhere? that would be the balls.

Back
Top Bottom