Random Chit Chat #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
All you need is 2 liters of apple juice in a pop bottle(to handle the fermentation and carbonation). Add one cup of sugar(you will have to reduce the amount of apple juice to accommodate). Mix the sugar well by shaking the bottle(with cap on of course) then add 1/8 tsp of yeast and cap with either a modified cap with a hole in the top(rubber/plastic with a slit inside the cap). Wait 5 to 6 days, then refrigerate. :D Works like a charm!

oh right i might try that for my first go but i was thinking about getting a fermentation lock and using a few fermentation vessels for the bottle as it will let the carbon dioxide out but not let anything else in , then i was going to carbonate at a later date
do you use baking yeast for that cos the many guides i have read all suggest using Champagne yeast as it produces a better taste and some even say you dont need to use the yeast as the apple skin already has yeast

thats fucking sick.

http://www.repticzone.com/caresheets/1081.html

Make sure not to feed live rodents as they may fight back and feeding live rodents makes the monitor more agressive. NEVER HAND FEED!!! Make sure all feeder insects are gut loaded(recently fed) with a good cricket diet.

live mice can be fed to snakes, but not to monitors like that. i wouldnt even feed a live mouse to a snake, far too dangerous to the animal, but at least with snakes the mouse dies within seconds... in that video the mouse is still alive for ages. not exactly a humane way to end its life. and if you feed one to a snake it should only be an adult snake, that tank is far too small for a monitor like that and feeding it like that, it isnt gonna last long...

dudes, when you make the cider, make sure that its really still during fermentation so the yeast sits on the bottom. then when its done, siphon the juice out and leave the sludge. the sludge tastes really really really bad.

oh right i might try that for my first go but i was thinking about getting a fermentation lock and using a few fermentation vessels for the bottle as it will let the carbon dioxide out but not let anything else in , then i was going to carbonate at a later date
do you use baking yeast for that cos the many guides i have read all suggest using Champagne yeast as it produces a better taste and some even say you dont need to use the yeast as the apple skin already has yeast
Champagne yeast works best although I have used brewing yeast meant for beer. Let me know how the fermentation lock way goes. I do brew my own beer that way. As for the apple skin, I have never tried using actual apples/making the juice. Will look that up though!:D

well i didnt wanna try using my own apples cos it sounds kinda time consuming and messy plus i would most liekly need a press of some kind which adds expense , i was hoping for store bought juice but i read a few instructions that said the preservatives in some store bought juices will kill any yeast you add which obviously isnt good
so imma try and find a juice that dosent have any preservatives

and i read using a fermentation lock is better as it lets the CO2 out but lets nothing in and they look pretty cheap , no more than £5 so i might as well go for one ,
i planned to use a 4 litre water bottle as my fermentation vessel as i can get hold of them pretty cheaply and i dont have to worry about sanitizing them if they have only had water in them , plus i planned to use 2 , one for the first stage of fermentation say a few weeks and another one for the secondary fermentation

it will prolly be a few months before i get myself together with all the kit and do a bit more research but once i do it i will be sure to let you know i also need to drink 4 litres of beer to get enough bottles to put this stuff in :D not that im complaining :D

What can i do to pass some time?

Untitled-1.png

I'll be waiting about half an hour but as Soon as the post office cards it,i can pick it up :D

Dam im impatient.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom