Counter-Strike: Source - $10

Äߧý∩†H♠H䎀;833406 said:
Isn't that game incredibly old? I can't believe people still play it when there are far better games out there. COD 4 and BF:BC come to mind. Granted I don't own COD 4 yet but it'll probably be my next purchase.

You may be thinking of older versions of it like Counter Strike 1.6? Source was released in 2004.

Äߧý∩†H♠H䎀;833406 said:
Isn't that game incredibly old? I can't believe people still play it when there are far better games out there. COD 4 and BF:BC come to mind. Granted I don't own COD 4 yet but it'll probably be my next purchase.

'far better' is a matter of opinion.

The call of duty and battlefield series are completely different from CS imo.

Speaking of 1.6, thats only $5 for the weekend, too.

Äߧý∩†H♠H䎀;833419 said:
How big are the downloads? I'm nearing in on my bandwidth cap for the month and that doesn't reset for another 13 days.

My CS:Source is like 300-500ish megs.

Äߧý∩†H♠H䎀;833419 said:
How big are the downloads? I'm nearing in on my bandwidth cap for the month and that doesn't reset for another 13 days.

Ohhh man, I feel for you. I used to have an ISP like that...

Well, to download CS: Source, it depends.
Half-Life 2 and CS: Source used shared resources.

Do you own Half-Life 2 and have it installed already? If so, about 1.79 gigs.
If not, 4.34.

For old CS 1.6, about 660 megs.

If you don't want to download now, but you want to buy it, you can do so without actually downloading it.

By the way, how much data are you allowed per month? And do they combine upload and download into the total usage?
Mine did that, and they would start charging us an extra $5 per gig. Total bs. My DSL may be slower, but damnit, it's not nazish.
My CS:Source is like 300-500ish megs.

Maybe for your content folder, but the actual data (The .gcf files) are much bigger.

Wow no I don't own Half Life 2. And a 4.34GB download is out of the question. I've got a 5GB cap then I'm subject to throttling. Sucks living out in the country but its better than dial up.

I'm thinking of moving though to an area that offers 16/2 from comcast. Hate to move just to get faster internet but I've waited almost 4 years and still nothing decent is available besides my current Evdo.

Äߧý∩†H♠H䎀;833427 said:
Wow no I don't own Half Life 2. And a 4.34GB download is out of the question. I've got a 5GB cap then I'm subject to throttling. Sucks living out in the country but its better than dial up.

I'm thinking of moving though to an area that offers 16/2 from comcast. Hate to move just to get faster internet but I've waited almost 4 years and still nothing decent is available besides my current Evdo.

Yeah then I suppose the only way you can practically get it is to go out to the store and pick up a retail copy. Unless you bought the game and somebody burned all their GCF files to a dvd and shipped it to you.

Back
Top Bottom