MOtherboards

i would say no.

thats an opinion though the reason i say is that dell motherboards are an awkward shape

wait so do you know that for a fact or not, cuz somebody else said yes on a different web site

i would say no.

thats an opinion though the reason i say is that dell motherboards are an awkward shape

I have no idea where you get that they have an awkward shape, they are either ATX or mATX most of the time and are the standard rectangle shape, if you're trying to say that they're sometimes proprietary, then that's a whole different matter and has nothing to do with shape...

I would say that they look about the same size except the 8400 has a PCIe slot, but I would google the motherboard specs for both just to be safe if I were you, my guess would be that they're both mATX (micro ATX) form factor and should be swappable...

Alrighty, so pretty much I need to check if it is mATX, meaning the 3000 is mATX and the 8400 might be? Also, is that the only spec I need to check, is there any other specs that need to be checked...I'm not a computer genius....thanks

Yup, the Dimension 3000 is a mATX board, but I'm not sure if the 8400 is the same. I can't find any size specs on it. But yes, that's the main thing you need to know. If the 8400 is a mATX, it should work.

alrighty thanks, so check that and just find out the lengths of it and everything else should be good to go?

and the power cords. mach sure the power suppies has the right cords if one is older. i dont no about dell but that is always a possible problem.

Well, you need to see if the motherboard is reversed or not. Because the Dell I had the motherboard sat on the right (when you're looking from the back) and a lot of other motherboards sit on the left. But, considering both of the computers are Dell Dimension, they should sit on the same side and it shouldn't be a problem.

@AMP: Motherboard connectors are always a 24-pin and all PSUs come with a 20+4Pin or a 24-Pin.

Back
Top Bottom