xp updates help.

LukaszR1

Fully Optimized
ok so i have xp on my laptop...yes its legal, and i just finished installing service pack 3 on it.
ever since then, i can not seem to install any windows updates. they show up, and the little yellow icon is telling me to "click here to install updates" but whenever i do, they just fail.

anyone have a solution to this? kinda driving me insane LOL.

Does it give you a message?

nope, no message appears.
Lets say i go to "internet explorer" and select to run updates from the browser. I get to the screen where it lets me select "express" or "custom". So i select either or...
and it does the check to see if there are updates. Currently there are 3 updates that appear, 1 xp update and 2 hardware.
Well i select "Review and install updates" it pops up the window saying its downloading...then when it goes to install...it just "fails".

There is no errors or any sort of pop ups :S...any idea why this is happening???

Not quite sure what is going on. Although I think I have a similar situation with my laptop. Once I updated to SP3, the automatic update feature would come up as if there were new updates available then go away without actually updating anything. I don't know why this happens, but I'm not really concerned about it as it is my laptop. But I will see if I can dig anything up. I'll let you know if I find anything.

Edit: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144 This might be the solution

Yeah i had that same problem even with service pack 2. but i could still install updates from the browser when i manually did them.

Well if you find anything, please do share :), like now that Service pack 3 is on, i don't really need to worry about security crashes and crap...but it would just be nice to be able to stay up to date :). just share anything you find :)

Thanks Mate :)

Next to the failed update there should be a red x or something. Click on it and it will give you an error code that you can look up. I usually get this after a format and it is really annoying. I would like to find out too.

Back
Top Bottom