Drivers, operating System and SP2 Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raveboy

Baseband Member
O/S and SP2 Issue
There seems to be a problem with installing Service Pack 2 (Win Xp) to laptop. I am not sure wether or not the Win XP installtion is stable and tried to insert Xp install disk to try and repair any errors but I was approaching unexplored territory and decided to pull out of Xp repairing. Is there anyway I can check stability of Win XP o/s without using XP repair?

The SP2 window/screen I was confronted with were about file corruption on SP2 disk (I did not download). I have used disk before and had no problems - although that was for another computer.

Drivers Issue
Additionally, due to SP2 installation failure I dont think it is possible to reintsall laptop drivers. I have attempted installation of laptop drivers minus SP2 but was confronted with system conflicts and the computwer went hay-wire. It now seems okay though (tried System restore and safe Mode).

I think I need to address the SP2 matter first before procedding with Drivers Issue as I think drivers need Sp2 to be installed for success.

I look forward to any constructive input from you Computer Forum Guys

I was thinking about buying same laptop again which was fully operational and then doing back up of drivers and recovery disk. With those disks i could then use recovery disk to reinstall Win Xp and then the drivers. I am hoping to get it for good price (other laptop). OR should I just take computer to shop and get serviced - install O-S, drivers and SP2 and 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom