Graphics Card Issues

Tombo1983

Solid State Member
Hi evryone i'm new to the boards, apologies if this is in the wrong area.

After a recent reformatting of my machne I now find that my motherboard no longer recognises my card.

My machine specs are as follows:

AMD Sempron 2800
MSI KT4AV motherboard
Maxtor HD 160GB
2Gig DDR Ram
Sapphire ATI Radeon 9600

I have checked in the bios and made sure that AGP is enabled and is set to 8X and have motherboard drivers installed. Never the less the ATI drivers will not install as it claims that it can find no hardware to use it with.

In the display properties it just says "default monitor" and has no option to switch to another device as it did previously.

What i find strange is that my monitor is plugged in through the graphics card port so it can't be dead (can it?)

Any help anyone could provide would be much appreciated as i'm baffled. The framerate on any video is hideous.

Thanks
Tom

Hi, welcome to the forums. Are you sure you're installing the correct drivers? For the AGP card, not the PCI-E?

Hi guys,

I tried the drivers and it still claims that there is no hardware is present. I would have said that the AGP slot is knackered on the mb but as my monitor is still plugged into it i am a bit lost as to why it won't detect it.

Try this. Go into device manager, right click your video card and select update drivers. Follow the directions in the wizard and point it to the folder containing the downloaded drivers.

I've gone into device manager and can't see the card in there (i'm looking under the system devices tab. However something interesting... the VIA CPU to AGP controller is showing as a problem device with the following:

"This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)

If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system.

Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device."

Not sure if thats got something to do with the issue?

As my monitor is plugged into a port sticking out of the graphics card would that mean that the card is alive or is power a seperate issue?

Really really lost here! Thanks

Hmm. . . You could try removing/uninstalling the VIA CPU to AGP controller and then rebooting to see if it all straightens out.

Check in your BIOS to see if your boot sequence is set to AGP and not PCI.

Back
Top Bottom