Computer not starting: Motherboard or PSU?

I turned off my computer yesterday like always. Come this morning I go to hit the power button and all I see is the LED that's supposed to turn green flash yellow. I've never had this happen to me. So I try a different power cable on a different outlet, I get the same thing. So now I'm thinking, could this be the PSU? or the motherboard? To give you more information on this, nothing goes on, and I can't test a new PSU because that's the only one I have right now =/

The computer is a Dell E310, it's stock.

yeah, sounds like a dead PSU.
Every time something like this happens to me its the PSU.
but flashing yellow sounds kind of weird. My computer doesnt flash any light (except blue since my fans glows blue)
i would try to get a hand on a PSU, maybe ask a friend if you can barrow their PSU for awhile.

Ok. Atomic, I tried that didn't work. So I moved the HDD and the network card to the future rig in my sig. Now all it lacks are fans, vid card, and PSU. From the dell I was also able to salvage 2 sticks of DDR2 RAM (400MHz), a P4 (2.8), and a DVD ROM which I'll put all for sale. Also I have 2 sticks of 512MB ea, PC4200 for laptops. One is corsair the other Nanya. I'll put these up for sale.

Now my parents are giving me $100 to spend on my future rig.

I'm thinking about this PSU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...IGNEFL080708-_-PowerSupplies-_-L2A-_-17182017

I also am going to spend $25 on cooling (fans and thermal paste)

I should have around $50 for a cheap graphics card.

Say I get this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...-_-DesktopGraphicsVideoCards-_-L0F-_-14130085

It will all fit OK right? And it's probably the best thing I can do with $100 or so. I have promo codes for the PSU and the Graphics card.

just a quick question JogaBonito1502.
How old are you?
not to offend you or anything, but from what you post back then, you usually say things "like my parents will help pay" or "get your parents to help pay."
just wondering.

Oh lol. It's ok. I'm only 16. I don't have my greencard yet so I can't work and my dad doesn't want me to work and get paid under the table.

Actually, on that other PSU, they were having a sale with $30MIR. So the 9600GT is a bit out of my range.

Atomic Rooster linked a psu that was $20 cheaper with no rebate, and for $20-$30 more you could get the 9600GT I linked or even this one which is a little cheaper, great card for the price...

9600GT without the passive cooling

actually, a very good card period, not even considering the price, and by $20 cheaper, I mean what you'll have to spend to get it shipped...

Back
Top Bottom