Russia sends troops into Georgia

It's pointless to cover it. Georgia is a small country with nice people, Russia will completely devastate Georgia. The End.

not entierly, Georgia is allied to the US, and most of Europe, and is almost guarenteed support from it's powerful allies.

(probably helps that Georgia has natural gas and oil reserves as well).

this will be a long war, it'll also be a long political war also

Nah, I'm not saying you are wrong but I highly doubt that either Europe or the US are gonna support Georgia. Georgia's oil may be a motivation, but the fear of a second Cold War will keep these countries at bay, or so I believe.

If you look back to WW1, coalitions have the tendency to break. However, we won't know for sure for a while...

I still have family back in Russia, so they will keep me informed as much as they can.

Nah, I'm not saying you are wrong but I highly doubt that either Europe or the US are gonna support Georgia. Georgia's oil may be a motivation, but the fear of a second Cold War will keep these countries at bay, or so I believe.

If you look back to WW1, coalitions have the tendency to break. However, we won't know for sure for a while...

I still have family back in Russia, so they will keep me informed as much as they can.

US is allied to Georgia but don't care enough to help them when a big country attacks them.

I can't believe the United States news media isn't covering this. This quote was mentioned on the Situation Room today by a viewer.

Guess I'm not the only one who's frustrated with this poor coverage.

That's because the US media is more concerned with who Paris Hilton is fucking next and John Edwards' sex life. It's a sad, sad world we live in these days.

not entierly, Georgia is allied to the US, and most of Europe, and is almost guarenteed support from it's powerful allies.

(probably helps that Georgia has natural gas and oil reserves as well).

this will be a long war, it'll also be a long political war also

yer but that support wont be much when both the US and Uk have troops tied up in iraq fighting a war over there

and really do Georgia's allies care enough to get into a conflict with Russia

support yes. As in financial support, weapons etc. But soldiers to fight the war... I highly doubt it.

The thing is, if there isn't a ceasefire (which I think there will be quite quickly) then Georgia is going down.

Just saw it on the news and it looks real serious. They said georgia has great western allies because of a major oil pipeline that runs through it

yer but that support wont be much when both the US and Uk have troops tied up in iraq fighting a war over there

and really do Georgia's allies care enough to get into a conflict with Russia

Just saw it on the news and it looks real serious. They said georgia has great western allies because of a major oil pipeline that runs through it

They are a great economic and military ally of the US. Georgia military is US trained and US supplied, and they have even supplied a bunch of troops for Iraq and Afghanistan.

Back
Top Bottom