Computer Blew Out sparks!!

Haha, yeah, but that would also mean 1 week with a broken computer, and a brand new 8800GTS sitting in there.
Yea, no kidding.

You could have saved yourself a few dollars by getting a 500 - 550W power supply that would have worked just as well. Nothing good comes from listening to the Geek Squad about buying choices. They are only there to help you empty your wallet.

Man, you are luuuucccckkkyyyy it didn't take your whole computer with it especially your shiny new gpu which I'm sure you paid a good bit of money for. I had a psu blow on an old pc I had.....fried everything.

Yea, no kidding.

You could have saved yourself a few dollars by getting a 500 - 550W power supply that would have worked just as well. Nothing good comes from listening to the Geek Squad about buying choices. They are only there to help you empty your wallet.

yeah, I don't really think they're incompetent, most of the time they just have an ulterior motive...

wallets, empty, etc...

and superman, how hard did you cross your fingers before hitting that power button...?

:D

Haha, well, I had my friend over at the time, and I was showing him the power of my new 8800GTS vs his 8600gt, and then it blew, so we unpluged it all, tested the monitors real quick, and headed off to his house. Only a 5-10 minute drive. Got there, and tested the HDDs first, they were good, so we stuck my RAM in his computer, it booted, so we hoped everything else was good... Left for our 25 mile drive to bestbuy, and picked it up. Good thing his VW gets like 45mpg, lol. We almost ran out of diesel on the way home... Low fuel light comes on, he is like, "Oh, its ok, still has 2.5 gallens in there." lol, I trusted him, his dad is a car expert, and he was wrong, had like 1 gallen...

So 550w would have been enough? The 12v rails would have been good too?

The side of the box says 12v and 20A under it, but it has two of those, so does that mean it has 40A?

Yes, it has a combined 40A available. The BFG is a very good power supply. I've heard good reviews about them lately.

I am running the same Card on my 500W Antec Power supply that came with my case lol. My whole system is in my sig. I am planning on upgrading my case and PSU though because I will be getting an even newer vid card in about 6 months.

Back
Top Bottom