Russia sends troops into Georgia

vr67

Baseband Member
It appears that Russia has sent tanks and troops into a section of Georgia and the two countries are now "at war". Hopefully this conflict ends quickly.
Originally Posted by NY Times Article
Russia sent troops rolling into a breakaway region of Georgia on Friday after Georgian troops sought to enter the capital of the pro-Russian enclave, in a sharp escalation of the longstanding conflict.

Russian Prime Minister Vladimir V. Putin declared that “war has started” and President Mikheil Saakashvili of Georgia accused Russia of a “well-planned invasion," saying he had mobilized Georgia's military reserves.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/09/world/europe/09georgia.html

I can't believe the United States news media isn't covering this. This quote was mentioned on the Situation Room today by a viewer.
Elaine in Lahmansville, West Virginia writes:
Jack, Let me see if I understand this. Russia is attacking another country right now but we're worried about John and his zipper? What a world!

Guess I'm not the only one who's frustrated with this poor coverage.

It's pointless to cover it. Georgia is a small country with nice people, Russia will completely devastate Georgia. The End.

I can't believe the United States news media isn't covering this. This quote was mentioned on the Situation Room today by a viewer.

Guess I'm not the only one who's frustrated with this poor coverage.

Russian athletes didn't even know at the time of the opening ceremony. Vladimir Putin did, according to the announcers Bush and Putin had already discussed it at the Olympics.

@0100.... lol - i dont watch the news at all when it comes to this crap. It gets too freakin biased. For example, last week they reported that the anthrax guy that attacked the government "committed suicide" my dad, after spending 20 years in special operations for the military instantly said that wasn't true. People like that whom have attacked the government dont just commit suicide, i guess you have to have some affiliation with the government to really understand some of the screwed up things governments can and will do. If somebody has bad PR on them, they magically disappear. It has happened, and will continue to happen. Arms dealing is another thing, the US is the biggest arms dealer in the world. It's all about money.

Back
Top Bottom