Car Thread!

Yeah, I don't blame you ;)

I'll have a sound clip tomorrow evening, I don't hate my neighbors that much :p

Haha, yeah all my neighbors are old retired folk so I have to be careful when I get home real late...

My dad did that a while ago before we moved. It was back when he had his Pontiac Parisienne station wagon and on the outside it was a piece of junk...like rusted body panels, peeling paint etc. The thing ran like a workhorse though. The AC system never had to be refilled or fixed, the only real repairs it needed was a blown radiator hose when my dad first got the car. It was back when American automakers didn't cut corners and actually made solid and respectable cars.

Well my neighbor didn't really fancy the turd looking wagon so apparently they called for the car to get towed to impound or whatever. My dad was pissed. Really pissed.

So for a whole week, every night he came home from work at around 8:00 to 8:30pm he would be driving the BMW (this was before I had my license and it got handed to me) and he would just park right in front of my neighbors house, put it in neutral and just rev the car for a minute or two and then park the car back at our house. :p

I don't have sound clips, but it must be because the OEM exhaust has some bad baffles or something, but it is LOUD. Even at idle it has a little drone going on. From 1,000-3,000 rpm I nicknamed it the "drone zone" because it just has this single droning tone until you reach 3,500 rpm then it sounds nice. So at night it's pretty darned loud and my dad was revving this in front of our neighbors house every night that week for a minute or two. :p

Serves them right though...the husband was such a jackass. He was fine normally but when something needed to be fixed like say the fence between our yards he would suddenly be all over our asses about it because it would hurt his property value or whatever. :rolleyes:

I agree. If it was me I would've done it longer than a minute or two and definately longer than a week.

I rev mine up sometimes at night when I get home, or when I leave.... But I live out in the middle of nowhere, in a little nieghbor hood of rich people... lol. They are all nice though, the guy accorss the road owns a dirtbike track, his nieghbor owns an 80,000 mercedes AMG class, along with a Chevy Avalanche, and R1 and an appartment in Chicago. List goes on, but I dont mind any of them. One guy used to won a ferrari next door, but when no one would sign the petition to pave the road, he moved, lol.
And its a gravel road, so as well as reving my engine, I tend to powerslide all the way down the road, lol, and considering I live on the end, depending on which end you come from, lol.
My friends dad down the road said to my friend one day, "No wonder he gets 15mpg in that thing..." lol, he is also the chief of police....

Should have left some rubber on the driveway :p

Yeah, I should've. Heh, he still lives there...maybe I'll go do it sometime at night. :p

his nieghbor owns an 80,000 mercedes AMG class

I wasn't aware Mercedes Benz made an 80,000 AMG class. :p

AMG is the in-house tuning company for Mercedes, just like BMW's M division. The thing I don't like about Mercedes' AMG cars are how diluted they are. Almost all of Mercedes' classes have an AMG version, even the M and G class which are giant SUVs. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom