Car Thread!

They do it every two years, I could stick one on there when the time comes around.

Yeah, unless you're turning your car into a track slut there really isn't any point to take out the cats. You're not going to get that big of a performance increase, it's going to be louder and it'll smell like crap.

A de-cat for me is worth about a 10% increase. Granted I can get a high flow cat and it's nearly identical, but that's an extra $300 too. I would probably do that if I decide to finish my exhaust though.

A de-cat for me is worth about a 10% increase. Granted I can get a high flow cat and it's nearly identical, but that's an extra $300 too. I would probably do that if I decide to finish my exhaust though.

Might as well keep the cat though. Personally the little performance increase doesn't justify possibly getting fined a lot of money. If it was my dedicated track car then I would do it, but since my baby is my daily as well, it's not worth it.

It's finally done, sound clip and more pics tomorrow :D

IMG_2039.jpg

At idle it has a deep tone, but at WOT it sounds a little raspy. They say the Magnaflow's sound better after a while, but another guy who has the exact same setup as me said it sounded 100x better with a high-flow cat on it. Probably do that next paycheck.

I see. Yeah, I've heard Magnaflows aren't bad on domestics. Kinda iffy about putting one on a European car though. :p

Back
Top Bottom