can this run crysis on full?

xxc00lmanxx

In Runtime
just wondering if this rig can run crysis on full..

AMD x2 6400+ (3.2Ghz)
2Gb Ram 800Mhz
Asus 9600GT 675Mhz

lol yeah theres your answer :p

I've seen posts on boards where some guy will have SLIed GTX280s (or even tri SLIed 280s) with the settings maxed out and in harbor assault his fps will drop to an average of a little over 30 fps, I cringe to think what a 9600GT or even my 4850 would produce in that part of the game (not there yet)...

simply put.... no.
From what people saying is that its more of a GPU when maxing out in games.
With my Rig, i get about 20-30 FPS in the beginning of the game, all on HIGH one DX9 on XP.
While on Vista, i only get those FPS with mostly Medium, and some HIGH.
To consider running on MAX, would be everything on Very High, on DX10, and with the max AA on, and the FPS will stay above 60 FPS.
So if the 8800GT only gets those FPS, then i dont think the 9600GT can max out the Crysis.

simply put.... no.
From what people saying is that its more of a GPU when maxing out in games.
With my Rig, i get about 20-30 FPS in the beginning of the game, all on HIGH one DX9 on XP.
While on Vista, i only get those FPS with mostly Medium, and some HIGH.
To consider running on MAX, would be everything on Very High, on DX10, and with the max AA on, and the FPS will stay above 60 FPS.
So if the 8800GT only gets those FPS, then i dont think the 9600GT can max out the Crysis.

I run Crysis with all the settings on High with 4xAA and get around 30FPS, using a very similar setup to the one that he's posted (except my CPU is only a 5600+). I tried the same setup on Very High with 4xAA when I was doing my try-out of Vista and it would run it and look pretty, but as soon as you did anything (like, move, shoot etc.) then it was really jerky.

I run Crysis with all the settings on High with 4xAA and get around 30FPS, using a very similar setup to the one that he's posted (except my CPU is only a 5600+). I tried the same setup on Very High with 4xAA when I was doing my try-out of Vista and it would run it and look pretty, but as soon as you did anything (like, move, shoot etc.) then it was really jerky.

really?
what was your specific specs?
you have AA on, and from what you are saying you get the 9600GT, and got about the same FPS as me, but i cant turn on AA.
If you are able to do that, then i need a new CPU.
oh yeah, and what resolution do you play on, an OS.

EDIT - did you do a benchmark? or did you play the actual game?

Back
Top Bottom