Fan set-up

xxc00lmanxx

In Runtime
Hello,

I have the antec three thousand, and im installing custom fans, but im not sure which way i should face them for best preformence. the fan on the top and on the back were already there and the seem to be blowing air out. im putting a custom fan on the right side panel and 1 in the front. just wondering if i should face them to blow air out or blow it in.

this might sound like a dumb questing but i hear it helps lots when cooling your pc down

OH also this is off topic, BUT can you SLI 2 different brands of 9600gt's?

as long as there both 9600gt's. one cant be a GTS, they both have to be the same. but one can be EVGA and one can be Pny is what i think your asking

I have the antec three thousand, and im installing custom fans, but im not sure which way i should face them for best preformence. the fan on the top and on the back were already there and the seem to be blowing air out. im putting a custom fan on the right side panel and 1 in the front. just wondering if i should face them to blow air out or blow it in.
I personally don't like side fans, I feel they disrupt the airflow inside the case.

Hot air rises, so your top and rear fans should exhaust air, your bottom and front fans should intake air.
OH also this is off topic, BUT can you SLI 2 different brands of 9600gt's?
Yes.

Both new fans should blow air into the case. Top and back fans should blow out.

Yes, you can SLI two different brands of 9600GT. To run in SLI they need to have the same GPU (2x 9600GT, 2x 8800GS) and preferably the same amount of memory. Clock speeds would be nice to have match, but not necessary.

Back
Top Bottom