1680x1050 Or 1900x1200?

if you are worried about dead pixels, you can do what i did.
I waited for a discount at Office Max (i think) and i got an 20.1 inch for $180 last year, and they have a great return policy, which was if i was unsatisfied with it, i can return it or exchange it for any reason at all. The one i bought had a dead pixel, returned it and got another one the next day, took only about 5 min for the swap.

Nice choice on the 4870 X2, i wish i could afford a GPU like that... but the 8800GT is working fine for me now, I'll get a new one when i cant max out games anymore.

Nice service there.

Yeah can't wait for the 4870 X2. I thought they were going to be priced at around £300/$600, but I hear somewhere it'll be more like .. $700+??

I really hope that isn't true.

What do you think about this '12th August' release date for the card? Will this be only in the US?

If you order off newegg, their customer support is amazing. They'll replace it ASAP.

Newegg Return Policy
http://www.newegg.com/HelpInfo/ReturnPolicy.aspx#21

[LCD Monitor] Limited Non-Refundable 30-Day Return Policy

* Return for refund within: non-refundable
* Return for replacement within: 30 days
* There must be a minimum of 8 dead pixels to declare an LCD display defective and eligible for return.

This is our detailed [LCD Monitor] Limited Non-Refundable 30-Day Return Policy. Products that state "This item is covered by Newegg.com's Non-Refundable 30-Day Return Policy", or items labeled as “Non-refundable” (or similar labeling) must be returned to Newegg.com within 30 days of the invoice date for this policy to apply. Products covered by this return policy may only be returned for a replacement of the same item.

Newegg.com sells many products such as Notebooks and Monitors that feature LCD (Liquid Crystal Display) screens. Newegg.com adheres to the dead-pixel policy that is observed by the majority of our manufacturers. In order to declare any product with an LCD screen "defective" and eligible for replacement or refund through any applicable Newegg.com Return Policy, there must be a minimum of 8 (eight) dead LCD pixels.

i got like way depressed when i found out i had 1 pixel on my monitor, i just sat there and stared and hoped it will go away, i didnt do anything for like 2 hours, good thing i got it from Office Max.

i think the 12th of august release is for the US and Asia, it seems like EUR usually get them later for some reason.
The sapphire version is recommended for $500 US. Might be able to get it for about $430 in China if you know how to bargain.... i missed buying stuff in china...

lol for hours dude? :(

I think I'll purchase from OfficeMax simply to avoid having to put up with dead pixels .. also the prices are really good.

Newegg Return Policy
http://www.newegg.com/HelpInfo/ReturnPolicy.aspx#21

[LCD Monitor] Limited Non-Refundable 30-Day Return Policy

* Return for refund within: non-refundable
* Return for replacement within: 30 days
* There must be a minimum of 8 dead pixels to declare an LCD display defective and eligible for return.

This is our detailed [LCD Monitor] Limited Non-Refundable 30-Day Return Policy. Products that state "This item is covered by Newegg.com's Non-Refundable 30-Day Return Policy", or items labeled as “Non-refundable” (or similar labeling) must be returned to Newegg.com within 30 days of the invoice date for this policy to apply. Products covered by this return policy may only be returned for a replacement of the same item.

Newegg.com sells many products such as Notebooks and Monitors that feature LCD (Liquid Crystal Display) screens. Newegg.com adheres to the dead-pixel policy that is observed by the majority of our manufacturers. In order to declare any product with an LCD screen "defective" and eligible for replacement or refund through any applicable Newegg.com Return Policy, there must be a minimum of 8 (eight) dead LCD pixels.
Then just say it isn't compatible with your hardware or something.

Back
Top Bottom