Switch

collibr

In Runtime
How hard and how expensive would it be to switch my PCI graphics card that's integrated, so I'm guessing I would have to get a new motherboard, but all in all how much would it be to switch to PCI-Express?

Do you have a custom build? From what I understand, you currently have a motherboard with integrated graphics, and you'd like one with a PCI-Express x16 slot so you can add a dedicated.

There are motherboards of all prices, to help us figure out what's best for you it would be nice if you posted some of your specs so we can find what will fit your current parts. If you don't know this information and you own a brand-name computer such as Dell, then I'm sorry to inform but it might be impossible to get a new motherboard without buying a new case and maybe a PSU.

edit: Dang it Ace got me beat.

There are no AGP or PCI-Express slots in your Dell so you would be stuck with getting a PCI video card. IMO, you would probably be better off saving up and buying a new system than trying to upgrade this one.

In the mean time, you could get an POWERCOLOR PCI Radeon HD 2400PRO for $59.99. It's not a gaming power house, but it will be a nice upgrade from your on board graphics.

Alrighty thanks so much...is this the best pci card out there, right now I have the best nvidia card for it but is this better?

you have the 6200 oc? the x1550 is slightly faster for the pci bus.

Back
Top Bottom