Acer Laptops

stratusdodge

In Runtime
I just bought a new acer laptop. It's sweet, it looks good and it works well. The only problem with it is that there is a keyboard lag. I'm not sure why the keyboard doesn't respond quickly. Sometimes, the keystrokes are hit n' miss...you type something and only half the word pops on the screen. I contacted acer but they don't seem to acknowledge the problem and dismiss it as having too much software loaded...it's brand new and the only program installed is msn messenger.

try getting updated drivers for it. that could solve the problem. Or simply see if you can take it back and get a new one.
Or if you really want, try and re-installing the OS on it, that could also solve that problem perhaps.

Well, like every new Acer comes bloatware. It preety much comes with Norton Internet Security, Babel Fish games, and a bunch of shitware like I call it. Best bet is to uninstall these programs, or do a clean install with a Vista DVD...not the restore partition.

Well, like every new Acer comes bloatware. It preety much comes with Norton Internet Security, Babel Fish games, and a bunch of shitware like I call it. Best bet is to uninstall these programs, or do a clean install with a Vista DVD...not the restore partition.

Seems like all new computers come with these partitions with the operating system on them, so no Vista DVD :(. A quick google search determined that other users are having the same problem. Odd. Thanks 4 the replies.

I can't take credit for this idea, but I think it's worth the effort to confirm if it's a Windows issue or Acer hardware problem.

Create a bootable Knoppix cd and boot up with that. See if your keyboard lags with it.

I also try as lukaszr suggested in checking out Acer's driver page and update/re-install keyboard & touchpad drivers.

*** Another consideration is checking for a BIOS update. I just read that a user with an Acer model 4520, upgraded their BIOS and it resolved their problem of keyboard lag.

Basically I'd suggest going to Acer's site and check for all driver updates. Your Acer "out-of-the-box" is probably already out of date in terms of drivers and even BIOS.

Vista Windows Update can update these drivers, but more often than not hardware manufacturers will have more current updates for their components.

Back
Top Bottom