AMDx2 VS AMDx4

just get the dual core.
the quad core just cost too much now (at least for my budget), and you dont really get any performance in gaming.
I would save up the money from the dual core, and wait till the quad cores go cheaper, or when they are starting to be in games, then get it.

Sorry for stealing the thread but...
anybody have any idea when games are going to start using Quads?
because i was thinking of getting a new processor, but if Quads starts to be in gaming in like 2-4 months, then i would wait, but if its 6+ months then i would get the 6000+ when i get the chance.

anybody have any idea when games are going to start using Quads?
because i was thinking of getting a new processor, but if Quads starts to be in gaming in like 2-4 months, then i would wait, but if its 6+ months then i would get the 6000+ when i get the chance.
We don't really know. A few engines are already multi-threaded, such as the Unreal engine 3, but they still don't show any performance increases from running a quad since games are, for the most part, GPU limited.

Right on thanks guys... what i think ill do then is get a 6400+ and ill make sure my motherboard can support x4 so if i ever need to upgrade ill have that ability.

theres a 6400+ out there?
where?
newegg doesnt seem to have it

heh, I hear that the 6400+ black edition isent as good to over clock as they say it is. i think its worth just to get the normal 6400+ and save the extra cash on buying a heat sink and the extra $15. you can only overclock a little unless you going to get like water cooling.

heh, I hear that the 6400+ black edition isent as good to over clock as they say it is. i think its worth just to get the normal 6400+ and save the extra cash on buying a heat sink and the extra $15. you can only overclock a little unless you going to get like water cooling.

I think the 6400+ is already close to the limit, so you can only overclock it so far anyway.

Back
Top Bottom