Nehalem CPUs; the next step from Intel

lhuser

Golden Master
Have a look at these benches:
nehalem-estimate.png

http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/intel/showdoc.aspx?i=3326&p=1

It's a powerful CPU, let me tell you. It's a better idea to wait for them before building a new PC.

Although, LGA775 will finally leave for LGA1366 to replace it. It's about time!

Also, a new thing: Up to 24GB RAM support with a Tri-Channel board:
intel_nehalem_motherboard.jpg

Have fun reading.

It's their octal core CPU they've created. It's one of them who also wants to push 12 cores, so in a quad core layout, you can have up to 48 core processing. Now, don't be scared of their decisions...it's for servers.

Wow, now that looks impressive.

It uses slightly more watts though, idle and in load...

Seeing as that's a chart from Intel, I wouldn't be surprised to see that Shanghai looks significantly worse and would rather wait to see somebody compare the two. Realistically, they can only compare with previous processors that have already been released. However, if that does turn out to be how things are, then that's staggering.

Wow, now that looks impressive.

It uses slightly more watts though, idle and in load...

Yeah, but the performance ratio seems to justify the slightly higher power consumption.

20-50% increase in speed and 10% increase in performance. Although, it's with Hyper-Threading...watch what would happen if they plant an HT disable in the BIOS. It would be probably a 10% increase in speed, or could be slower and with the same power. I hope they put it mandatory in their new set of CPUs.

Shangais don't take much wattage as they did. They're from a 65nm technology.

It's their octal core CPU they've created. It's one of them who also wants to push 12 cores, so in a quad core layout, you can have up to 48 core processing. Now, don't be scared of their decisions...it's for servers.

are these for sale? i've never seen them

Back
Top Bottom