Most hype but sucked thread :D

and fourth, I just find it odd that I can take a PC from 1998, run the os it came with (98se,) upgrade (to 2000) upgrade again (to XP) and have no problems with any of them at all, then BOOM vista is the cut off. Maybe I'm just too picky, but I don't see enough improvements in vista to warrant upping the system requirements (granted cheap hardware makes that matter less and less as time goes on)

Windows 95 was a major step up from Windows 3.1 or using DOS, and frankly it made sense that a little 386 would be incapable of running things smoothly on it.

But you know what, I have bitched and moaned about this for so long with no real reason to keep doing so, so I think I'm just gonna stop here... yeahhhh...
Okay, your computer was from '98. XP came out 3 years later, in '91. Vista didn't come out until 2007. You really expect software to run on 9 year old hardware? Of course they're not gonna support that.

Putting aside sarcasm, the point that hardware is becoming dirt cheap is made.

Though for kicks..
First off, I have 2 gigs of ram.
Second off, I have DirectTV (Already digital, Foo.)
Third, the NES and composite jacks.
and fourth, I just find it odd that I can take a PC from 1998, run the os it came with (98se,) upgrade (to 2000) upgrade again (to XP) and have no problems with any of them at all, then BOOM vista is the cut off. Maybe I'm just too picky, but I don't see enough improvements in vista to warrant upping the system requirements (granted cheap hardware makes that matter less and less as time goes on)

Windows 95 was a major step up from Windows 3.1 or using DOS, and frankly it made sense that a little 386 would be incapable of running things smoothly on it.

But you know what, I have bitched and moaned about this for so long with no real reason to keep doing so, so I think I'm just gonna stop here... yeahhhh...

If you have 2 Gigs of memory then why did you say your next build that comes with 2 Gigs and you would probably get it with Vista?

People like you make dumb comments like that and turn others off Vista when they hear BS like that. This creates a bunch of uninformed idiots crying wolf.

Now onto the point regarding your Operating system upgrades. You got a decent span but as improvements are made there obiviously going to require more memory at some point. I'm willing to bet if you built a new computer today in 08 it will run the next 3 operating systems that come out.

Arguing that Vista is a resource hog on some pile of shit I'd throw in the garbage is irrelevant.

Congrats on the Direct TV bro I figured a fool whining about something that costs $20 bucks wouldn't have such fancy future equipment yet.

As for the Nes I didn't think it came with them in the box. I dunno I guess I'll dig in my shed over the weekend and pull mine out and see if it did.

Äߧý∩†H♠H䎀;832034 said:
If you have 2 Gigs of memory then why did you say your next build that comes with 2 Gigs and you would probably get it with Vista?

People like you make dumb comments like that and turn others off Vista when they hear BS like that. This creates a bunch of uninformed idiots crying wolf.

Now onto the point regarding your Operating system upgrades. You got a decent span but as improvements are made there obiviously going to require more memory at some point. I'm willing to bet if you built a new computer today in 08 it will run the next 3 operating systems that come out.

Arguing that Vista is a resource hog on some pile of shit I'd throw in the garbage is irrelevant.

Congrats on the Direct TV bro I figured a fool whining about something that costs $20 bucks wouldn't have such fancy future equipment yet.

As for the Nes I didn't think it came with them in the box. I dunno I guess I'll dig in my shed over the weekend and pull mine out and see if it did.

I have no intention of carrying on an argument over something we can all agree is pointless (which I'll admit, you've got me on some points there)

But just because I don't see a new OS as good enough to warrant new hardware, doesn't mean I'm all of a sudden so cheap that I would bitch about something as trivial as a 20 year old console not working on a new TV without a $10 adapter.

Don't start making assumptions, it makes you out to be a complete prick, even if you aren't.

I own an 8800GT. That costed $380 at the time. I didn't even need it, my games ran well on lower settings on a 7600GT.

Back
Top Bottom